Welcome New Members! (Please Say HI here!)

I'm considering moving off Comcast to DirecTV. I've been reading lots of horror stories and hope to separate the noise from facts on this forum. Lots of good info here.

Hey I'm Dan. Been doing Computers, Electronics, Radios and Telecummincations for over 20 years. Helped a disabled friend build his ham and antennas and computers. Have worked in fiber install and cell tower cabling. Alot of long hours and loads of fun. I was involved in seeing an FM station go on the air 38 years. Things never get boring. I would like to get more involved in Sat.
I am tired of paying for cable. Thanks for letting me join.

Comcast and Time Warner have been slugging it out for a long time and I am tired of it. I went back to on air HD and am doing fine. I have gone back to DSL for now. Its Okay even for 6mg at $35 a month. I want to work toward getting on Dish but really can't afford. U-Verse is too expensive. I'll be looking for used equipment.

Dish Man

I wanted to take a moment to welcome all our new members to SatelliteGuys.US! Yesterday was the busiest new member signups day ever in the history of SatelliteGuys.US with 175 new members joining us!

We want all of our members to feel at home here at SatelliteGuys, if you are a new member why not take a moment to say hello and tell us about yourself.

Welcome home to SatelliteGuys, we are happy to have you here!
Hello every one i am the satellite dude in the sacramento ca area.i have been in the business since c-band.i buy and sell all kinds of satellite dish parts and tripod kits to go.100 % legal see my adds on craiglist sacramento ca.thanks

Hi Everyone! I am a Time Warner Cable subscriber and am looking into Satellite. Never subscribed to Satellite before, so I'll be searching for tips/advice as to what to look for and pricing. Thanks for hosting an informative forum

Yay my first post here! My folks are switching from Comcast to DirecTV and being that there's no locals available through them here, I'm here looking for advice on getting something rigged up for them. Thanks for giving me a place where I can ask my questions. :)

I wanted to take a moment to welcome all our new members to SatelliteGuys.US! Yesterday was the busiest new member signups day ever in the history of SatelliteGuys.US with 175 new members joining us!

We want all of our members to feel at home here at SatelliteGuys, if you are a new member why not take a moment to say hello and tell us about yourself.

Welcome home to SatelliteGuys, we are happy to have you here!
I have posted all over this for HELP in starting a new post/thread for FTA questions. WHERE in the heck do I start posting? I went to FTA forum, but did not see any link for new posting. I can not understand the posting rules. One time it states I can post and the next day it states I can not post. This is really confusing. I just need LOTS of help because I need to post help questions for setting up my new dish system. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much

I have posted all over this for HELP in starting a new post/thread for FTA questions. WHERE in the heck do I start posting? I went to FTA forum, but did not see any link for new posting. I can not understand the posting rules. One time it states I can post and the next day it states I can not post. This is really confusing. I just need LOTS of help because I need to post help questions for setting up my new dish system. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much

When you go to the FTA Forum, go to Forum Tools, click on it and then click Post a New Thread. That'll get ya started.

Hey, I am a newbie. Hoping to solve a few problems through this site. Hope it works and I get the answers I need. I live in Virginia, and am retired. Original DirecTV subscriber, but turned to Dishnetwork for local channels, which were subsequently changed. Oh well.

Locals

Hello, is there any more news about local channels? I spoke to Dish reps on phone and had been told that I should receive around six local stations. After a lenghthy session on the phone and a charge of $5.11 I stil only have two channels and they aren't my locals. What was the charge for?

The pakage I have is the 250 and it says that locals are included. Some comment on this will be appreciated, thank you.:confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts