Welcome New Members! (Please Say HI here!)

help!

I recently purchased a home which has a satellite dish with horn in the backyard. The cable coming from it has been ran over by a lawnmower multiple times and there is npo reciever inside the home. I am hoping that i can fix it to increase the number of channels on tv, as there is a limited selection in my area. However i know nothing about satellites. I am hoping one of you satellite guru;s will be able to help me out. What all do i need to get this thing working? The dish and horn are by winegard. when i contacted them they recommended i research c band programming/equipment. i did so and got completely confused. Can someone break it down into simple terms. what components do i need and what attaches to what? I wouldn't be adverse to recommendations of specific brands either. Any help you can give would be appreciated. thanks.

Hi from another newby

I know "newby" is usually spelled "newbie" - but I worked with a Newby from Idaho form 1957 to 2006. Old dogs don't learn new spellin'!

I' a retired CIO of a California Inurance company. Living in So Cal, with a motbile home in a permanent location in Mesa, AZ, which we visit about 10 weeks during the year. My prime interest in coming to this site was to get professional advise about setting up an easel mounted dish and taking my "third" Dish network receiver from CA to AZ. I would do anything to avoid Qwest. And, permanent antenna mounting is not an option. Being a very satisfied Dish network customer for quite a few years, the remote setup seems to be my most viable approach.

I hope my wishes for info are fulfilled here.

Thanks for being here to pose the question.

I signed up on this site awhile back but just made my first post.

I'm an engineer for a Telecommunications/Cable company where we do both RF and IPTV in addition to RF overlay on GPON. I have been responsible for adding as many HD channels as possible and am upto 103 currently.

I have a Birdview Model: MM-20/20, S/N: 64501 I purchased new back in the early 80's. I no longer have the "Tuner/Controller" unit and was wondering what was currently available to get it up and running... and if it's worth it.

I have an Engineering Consulting firm in the Dallas, Texas area.

I have a Birdview Model: MM-20/20, S/N: 64501 I purchased new back in the early 80's. I no longer have the "Tuner/Controller" unit and was wondering what was currently available to get it up and running... and if it's worth it.

I have an Engineering Consulting firm in the Dallas, Texas area.

Might want to go ask that in the FTA area.

Hello, guys

Hya, Folks
I'm Morgan and I've just found your interesting forum now.
I'm a satellite television fanatic:D and I hope to enjoy myself here very much.

Best regards,
Morgan
:angel:

Greetings, I inherited a Satellite dish and controls.

I'm new to this forum and Satellite stuff. I live in Indonesia and I have a contract on a house. The house comes with a huge "old school" satellite in the back yard, a SkyJack EZ 6000 tuner and a Goldsat GSR 2800 Receiver. Customer support does not exist here yet, so I am on my own. I was told everything worked last time they used it, but that was over 1 year ago. I unhooked all the wires and stored the indoor equipment, but I would like to see if it all works. I have good technical skills, but I have 0 experience with using or working on a satellite system. Any advice is appreciated. Can some one point me in the right direction as far as what forum to post questions in?
Thanks.