Welcome New Members! (Please Say HI here!)

Another First Timer

Good Morning to All;
I joined this forum a few weeks back and have been reading posts in the different areas and I must say that this is a very well disciplined forum. Other forums seem to have the 'anything goes' attitude. I mean that if you post something, chances are you may get flamed for some error in your post. Not here. My only concern is Iceberg and his love of the Bulldogs :)
I have been in the satellite business for 17 years. The company that I work for is Skyvision out of Fergus Falls, MN. We have been around for 28 years and it has been quite a ride. Personally I have seen many products come and go. Anyone remember the Genie? How about the HTS Mastermind Remote? 120° LNA's? LNC's? The Quick Disconnect for ribbon cable?
I hope I can make some possitive posts to the various links in this forum. And I will welcome the Bulldogs to The Ralph in mid February when they play my Fightin' Sioux. :hungry:

Allen

Better late than Never !

I'm an ex-pat Brit living in Sunny CA, in the foothills (not HD OTA:( ) been here 10 years and had Dish pretty much since i got here.
In the UK they were going big on Satellite, SKY, a Rupert Murdoch company, was the big player, but you could re-point a little, get a "grey" receiver and get some of the more "risky" channels from Scandinavia:devil: .
There were only 4 terrestrial channels then, now there's 5 i think and of course everything is going digital. You ha ve to pay a license fee in the UK to receive any TV, i think it was about 100 pounds then.

I found this site so useful i became a pub member to support it, and put something back.

I am getting braver with my posts, but it is intimidating when somebody wants to shoot at you, you know who you are !, instead of just helping you along.

My pet peeve about these forums, is the people who only complain without adding any value or contribution, even if it's wrong information or i don't agree with it.

The people on here that have helped me the most so far are SimpleSimon, the Tate and BobaBird, so thanks to them and Hi to everyone else :up

Last edited:
Gadget

Good morning folks ;I joined to inquire if any members have ever been involved in setting up a FTA system with a invacom QPH-031 lnb and a SG2100 m0tor hooked into a Pansat 3500S receiver .I am located on the north shore of Prince Edward Island Canada:) :)

Hello all!!! I am a newbie on a mission and I hope to become well informed after scanning the numerous posts throughout this forum. Glad to be aboard!

Welcome to the forum, gadget, freesat4all and all other 1000 forum members who joined us in the past 8 days!

:welcome

Hello,

My name is Kelly Stevens. I'am a new member but have been watching this site for years. In my opinion SatelliteGuys is the best, most professional site I've seen and am glad to finally join. I am an authorized Dish and DirecTV dealer working from my home now. I started in the pager business back in 1995, started carrying cell phones in 1997 then satellite in 1998. In March of 2005 I started to get burned out with all the stress from the retail scene and decided to slow things up a bit and work from the house. What a great move for me! Now I only do about 3 installs a week and have started remodeling a house and spending alot more time with the wife and 2 kids( 1 on the way ). I hope to chat soon on some of the forums and good day to all.

Hi , Newbee to this Forum. Looking for a PC Satellite receiving DVB card of KU and C Bands. Need help for best selction. My Best Regards to all Members.

Hi everyone. This site is great. I have been viewing for some time and felt obligated to join. Scott, the moderators and all the members post such great timely information. All your work is greatly appreciated.

I'm New Too

After Getting Dish Network HD last September, I've been hooked on the technology. I live in a small town with no technological advantages (it costs $50 here to get 128k cable internet service!), so satellite has been my way to get dvr and hd technology.

Now I'm just hungry for more! That's why I check the site everyday to see what's happening. It really is a blessing to be able to see what's coming up.

Thanks Scott and all of you who maintain the site.

Hello Everyone,

I have been surfing this site along with the other Satellite Tv forums and decided to join this one. You guys are great!!! Thanks for all the info, it has been helping me with my decision to possibly make the switch from cable to satellite.

Hi,
I'm new on this and I need help from an expert person. Ijjust got a coolcast box fot sat, and I don't know how I can start it make it work, it's any boddy who can give me a tip how to do it. I'll apreciate it.

Hecky

hi! my loggin name is gavin20. I'm new into fta salletite. I'm trying to learn
from you guys that are pro outthere. I truthly enjoy your chi chat room from
all the members. I'm currently trying to set up a fortec ultra life receiver-
and you can imagine I'm having a hard time setting it up. any help from you guys.:confused:

Hi

My name is Jerry, I am the sales & marketing director of Invacom in the United Kingdom. I would like to thank everyone who has posted kind & positive remarks about our LNBs, especially the Invacom Quad Polar.

Although I am not a technical person I welcome any questions regarding Invacom products.

I look forward to hearing from you