Welcome New Members! (Please Say HI here!)

New Member "Hello"

Hi I'm "big phil" a new member to the forum. I am DirecTV based and just self-installed my system last week for my now current location in Chas, SC. Currently I am using an HDTV, the H20 receiver, a Phase III dish and newly purchased (yesterday) Phillips Indoor HDTV antenna. However I also procured (before the "surprise" Indoor antenna) a new 5 LNB dish from Ebay for set up in the next 2 weeks.

All that said above, my big questions now are, "Should I attempt to self-install the 5 LNB myself after today's downloading of the DTV Install Procedures Video or give DirecTV a call?;" or should I forget the whole thing and not bother since the "surprise" el cheapo $24 Phillips indoor antenna pulls in 95% percent of the local HDTV channels here in crystal clear resolution w/ the Phase III receiving the remaining DTV HDTV channels?"

BTW: Thank you for the "Welcome."

big phil

I wanted to take a moment to welcome all our new members to SatelliteGuys.US! Yesterday was the busiest new member signups day ever in the history of SatelliteGuys.US with 175 new members joining us!

We want all of our members to feel at home here at SatelliteGuys, if you are a new member why not take a moment to say hello and tell us about yourself.

Welcome home to SatelliteGuys, we are hapy to have you here!

Brian here in the Sunny (and polluted) Central San Joaquin Valley. I live onboard Naval Air Station Lemoore, California. Been in the Navy for 16 years. Currently, I am a Avionics Crew Chief on F/A-18E Super Hornets. I have always been interested in Satellite Technology and look forward to my first FTA system (shopping right now trying to determine the best equipment dollar-for-dollar) .
I currently have a DISHNETWORK VIP-622 (yes the sound works now!) and PVR-508. I was a Direcway suscriber (one-way) when I was stationed in Maine and still have my equipment. I have read in some of the forums that I can use the Direcway Dish and LNB for FTA so I am pretty excited about that. I'll save the tech side and many questions for the appropriate forum.
Excited to be a part of this group of very knowledgable hobbyists and professionals and hope I can eventually contribute something myself.

Hello from Oklahoma City. I just saw a reference to this forum on the "DBSTalk" forum. I like what I've seen so far, and will be frequenting this board in the future.

I'm currently a Dish subscriber with a 622 receiver. Thanks for the welcome.

Hi, I'm Tom McCann from Rochester Hills, MI, a refuge from the DBSTalk site. Currently HD Digital cable and HD OTA. I am a big fan of all electronic toys and look forward to HD Radio receivers becoming more affordable. I am the proud father of 4 and a former cheesehead!

GO TIGERS!

Howdy, sidewinders!

New guy on the block here. I'm from Canada so you'll likely only see me if you 're in the Canadian satellite discussion area.

Hi. I'm Andy and I dropped in after searching for Hughes TiVo problems on Yahoo. I found this board and I'm hoping I can get some help here.

Hello, my name is Jon White, and I own Intrepid Enterprises in Frankfort Indiana.

I have been in the satellite industry for 5 years, and continue to learn on a daily basis.

I was a regular on the Dishretailer boards, but had some major political and personal disagreements with a certain person there, and my login information was erased.

So, some of you may know me, some may not.

I want to keep up on the industry first and most importantly, and political discussion is simply a side item.

Scott seems to have it together, and if I get under his skin, I'm sure he will alert me quick. :)

new

Hi guys new to forum too Been with Dtv a good while now started on c-band back when I could watch my Charlotte Hornets nearly every night on wild feeds..Seemed everything was goin to the 4dtv thing so I got a good deal on the initial installation. Kinda bothers me that i cant see the Bobcats on Satellite but not bad enuff to switch to TimeWarner :) Other interests include Ham Radio, Mac computers (tried PC once and couldnt stand the malware and virus situation), COD2 on the 360, and campin in our pop up. Just bought a 32inch HDTV from wallyworld last week but hadnt made the plunge to directv hd just yet..gonna wait and see if they offer us existing customers any deals b4 I just go out and buy one but I did pull in most locals with the phillips rabbit ears i bought...old Jake and the Panthers look mighty realistic in HD :p.

73 and cul
Bill