Welcome New Members! (Please Say HI here!)

Hey hey,
Not been in this FTA thing long. Some guys from work were always talking about it and started listening in and asking ?s. Just now starting to pick up on some of it and getting channels. Nice to know there are so many others out there for the some goal and to get help from. Thanks for the welcome.

Howdy

Howdy folks. I'm new to this forum, and this industry. I work for a compnay that provides network management appliances and one of our strong suits is OOB management via satellite. In my new role I'm an SE for the satellite vertical and thought I better start learning some stuff. Stumbled across satelliteguys.us and thought it'd be a good place to learn some basics and see the lingo in action, or in the worst case, would just be another place for me to shoot the breeze with folks:)

Looking forward to it folks...take care.

Funkerama

new to forum not new to satellite

Well, I am new to this forum and see it as a great opportunity to address some
of the new issues surrounding HDTV.

Not that we really needed it, techies such as myself who have had C Band satellite for 20 years were never at a loss for a crystal clear, HD quality picture, but now that I am tired of fooling with the big dish mechanisms all the time, HDTV
is a good subsitute.

Andy

I can't get cable out at my lake house in Wahington NH, and it doesn't make sense to pay for directv, since I'll only be out there periodically... Local stations are way too far away to get a quality land based signal... sounds like FTA is the way to go. I still have an old (oval) primestar dish... and I'm checking out the Fortec Mercury II as a possible addition to the family... all in all, this sounds like a cool, time consuming hobby. I hope my patience can handle it!!! Ohh, I also have a 3 LNB 18x20 directv dish coming from ebay, but I'm learning from these posts, I'm probably wasting my time with that up here in NH...

The G10R sat seems to have most of what I'm looking for, and plan to just go stationary at first... but I hear, from these posts that the G10 is hard to align... we'll see.

Anyway... glad you guys are here, and look forward to reading the posts.

-dobs

Hello Gents,
Just purchased Harmony 880! (eCost) Hope it will work my Bose Cinemate, D* H20, LG DVD/Vhs and JVC tv..?? Reply if you have time.

Pidsky here. I am not sure where I am supposed to say hi, I can't seem to find the place to enter, so I hope this is it. I luckily stumbled into this site. I am new to satellite equipment and currently awaiting my equipment so I have been reviewing others experiences learning much and hoping to avoid some problems. Thank you all for sharing your problems and successes. I am in Winnipeg Manitoba and am going after AMC-4 and IA5 with equipment from Glorystar.

Pidsky here. I am not sure where I am supposed to say hi, I can't seem to find the place to enter, so I hope this is it. I luckily stumbled into this site. I am new to satellite equipment and currently awaiting my equipment so I have been reviewing others experiences learning much and hoping to avoid some problems. Thank you all for sharing your problems and successes. I am in Winnipeg Manitoba and am going after AMC-4 and IA5 with equipment from Glorystar.
:welcome to SatelliteGuys... You did good, this is the place to say Hi, when questions arise hit the FTA forum...

Hey slim, check this thread out, it MAYBE of some interest, link: http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=63807

Hi.. I'm also new to the forums. Just bought myself a Vizio 42" Plasma HDTV on Black Friday. Woo it's sweet. Looks like we can get Dish Network HD programming too, so that'll be fun. We've been Dish Customers since oh... late 90s ish.

I'm learning all about HD, interesting stuff. I do love my TV and I wish Sci Fi channel would broadcast in HD!

I have 1 husband, 4 dogs, 2 cats, and love to do dog stuff like agility, flyball and obedience. And watch TV during down time. :)