Welcome New Members! (Please Say HI here!)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Hi all!

Hi, I am known as Branjon, I'd like to say hello to one and all, I enjoy photography, computers, history not in that order. I'm new to the satellite game and will probably need lot's of help. I will try to read all I can before posting. If I run into a blind alley, I will holler for help. Branjon

Hey, i just found the forum. Im new to dish tv, but im also becoming a pro. I'm a DNS technician and have been doing it for a year now. i know the ins and outs of the everyday lnbf's and recievers but looking for more ditealed info on how the stuff works. (such as how big is the 622 HD? it doesn't say a thing about it in the manual. and also what does the ethernet port do on the 622 and lastly, when will it be 1080p?)

i hope these forums are helpful and i hope i can contribute

Peter, DNS Chanhassen, MN

Dish Network vs DirecTV

I currently have the following from Dish Network: Dish 211 HD receiver, Dish 1000 Receiver, and 2 Dish 4900 receivers. One 4900 receiver provides a signal for two tv's and the other 4900 receiver provides a signal for two other tv's and tv picture on one computer.

I have been a Dish Network customer since January 1998.

I would like to get into recording the shows similar to Tivo, and have seen the low prices for the receivers from DirecTV offered to new customers.

I subscribe to all the channels from Dish Network, all locals, and all the HD channels. I do not subscribe to any of the Premium movie channels.

Can anyone advise on whether I should switch from Dish Network to DirecTV, or should I stay with Dish Network?

i never did offcially welcome my self.

i am from new jersey i work for dns. and thats about it. i been dish network customer since the launch of 119 satellite, and its 1st reciever that cost less than 400 dollars.

Welcome from Ohio

Found this site from the Motley Fool boards. I am in the process of a basement remodel. I am ready to purchase not only a satelite system (i'm sick of cable), but a couple of HDTV's. This looks like a great site to learn about both of these topics.

Hello,
I'm new to the site and am looking for OTA information. Could someone please direct me to the place I should submit my questions. Thank you,
Bill

Hi everyone! I found this site while hunting for info about adding Ku to my BUD. I'm pretty clueless, but not willing to give up and go to the mini dish. It looks like there's a lot of information here so I hope y'all can help.

New Guy

Hello-this is my first post. I check the forums all the time for Dish 622 stuff, especially recently when some "Bugs" appeared (reboots, etc.). So far it's nothing like the old 7200 Dishplayer woes. You guys are a big help.

Hi, this is my first post. I surfed in here a few times looking for DISHNetwork info and decided to join. I've been a Dish subscriber for 10 years, reasonably satisfied, but occasional issues like any service. There is no cable where I live and poor OTA. I have enjoyed the site so far and thanks for all the helpful info.

Dave

Hi everyone I am a newbie here and I was wondering if someone could give me some advice, please and a quick thanks as well. I have a coolsat 5000 with a sharp 46 inch wide screen tv what should I set the settings to on my options. My coolsat options are 4:3pan and scan, 4:3letterbox and 16:9. My tv options are side bars, super stretch, zoom and stretch video options. Much appreciated for advice! JIm

New from Northern New Brunswick

I wanted to take a moment to welcome all our new members to SatelliteGuys.US! Yesterday was the busiest new member signups day ever in the history of SatelliteGuys.US with 175 new members joining us!

We want all of our members to feel at home here at SatelliteGuys, if you are a new member why not take a moment to say hello and tell us about yourself.

Welcome home to SatelliteGuys, we are happy to have you here!

Hi, I just signed up to learn what I need to get FTA in Northen New Brunswick Canada, I am fed up with the ever rising cost of Bell ExpressVu and need to learn all I can before investing in new equipment and cancelling my Bell ExpressVu account. Anyone have suggestions?
I have read quit a bit on the "GoSatellite" and "Viewsat" sites but I want to make sure before I buy.

Thanks
Fromjim

Intro.

I wanted to take a moment to welcome all our new members to SatelliteGuys.US! Yesterday was the busiest new member signups day ever in the history of SatelliteGuys.US with 175 new members joining us!

We want all of our members to feel at home here at SatelliteGuys, if you are a new member why not take a moment to say hello and tell us about yourself.

Welcome home to SatelliteGuys, we are happy to have you here!
Hi. my name is Jerry I have been with directv almost 12 yrs. I just got into the hd with h20-100 receiver with 5 lnb dish,so far things are not working too good, they haven't got all the bugs out of it yet,but we'll see. thanks Jerry wmj5@aol.com