Welcome Pack

oh fudge.....should have added it the other day ;)

I think it is silly that Dish is not letting Welcome Pack subs sub to Blockbuster Movie Pass anymore. That could be $10/month more per sub that Dish could be getting for each sub who may want just the lowest pack to get Blockbuster Movie Pass. Don't get me wrong. I like Dish and all, but it is just one of those "Ugh, Dish! Really?!" moves. LOL Anyway, if I was a Welcome Pack sub, I would not up my package just to get Blockbuster Movie Pass now. By the way, I am not blaming the DIRT members on here. I know that they are just the messengers. :)

I guess I am grateful Dish allows us Welcome Pack folks to add ANYTHING to the account :)

Shaw Direct (Canadian DTH provider) has a basic pack called Digital Lite and you cant add anything to it

I guess I am grateful Dish allows us Welcome Pack folks to add ANYTHING to the account :)

Shaw Direct (Canadian DTH provider) has a basic pack called Digital Lite and you cant add anything to it

Don't give Dish any ideas...:) However, I guess that is true. It would be difficult to find those channels in the Welcome Pack on another provider at that price anyway.

I see that the Welcome Pack is no longer top secret on the website but the list of channels is different from one Iceberg posted a while back. My guess is that the standard list showing 61 channels is just everything you can get with a normal setup on 110/119. Is the longer list of around 100 channels including free channels (or duplicates) on the eastern satellites?

I'm glad I added Blockbuster Movie Pass to my Welcome Pack last month. I assume I can still receive Blockbuster Movie Pass as long as I continue subscribing to the service along with the Welcome Pack? I believe it is grandfathered.

I see that the Welcome Pack is no longer top secret on the website but the list of channels is different from one Iceberg posted a while back. My guess is that the standard list showing 61 channels is just everything you can get with a normal setup on 110/119. Is the longer list of around 100 channels including free channels (or duplicates) on the eastern satellites?

you get the full amount on the list on the DIsh site
The only thing you wouldnt get on WA with 110/119 is 3 PI channels on 129
3ABN
Pentagon
Classic Arts

oh and if set up with HD any freeview that is in HD ;)

Here is the list form the DIsh site (there are dupes with the religious/shopping channels)
Welcome Pack

Why do they still require an HD receiver for the Epix package? All three of the channels are in SD now - I have the Welcome Package with BBMP and a 522 receiver. I haven't talked to anyone or anything like that but thought it was bizarre when I noticed on my online account that an HD receiver was required. BBMP is probably useless to me (unless that's how I'm seeing NHL Network) as I don't get most of the channels without HD and haven't watched anything but movies on one of the Epix channels. Plus the only two discs I have requested are two PPV WWE shows that I'm eventually going to remove as it will be so far behind time when received that I won't find it worthwhile.

Is there a fee for account activation?

If you still own your equipment and can do the install yourself, you qualify for an "Activation Account". We would have to build the account under the AT120 and once it is built, it can be switched to the "Welcome Pack". If you need any help with this, just PM me and I will happy to help you!

Let's say I'm new to Dish. Once I buy and install my system, is there a fee for account activation?

Thanks,
Ray

no activation fee. If you buy the equipment and then activate it, the account is in essence a pre-paid as in you pay before it gets turned on. When I set up my account, since I did not give them my SSN, I paid the 1st bill right away. Now I dont know if this is still how it works but I know DIRT (DIsh folks like Mary & Matt & Zach) can't start the account with Welcome Pack. You get set up on Family (and pay like $26 to start) but the next day they can change it to Welcome Pack (and you have a nice $10-$12 credit then) :)

no activation fee. If you buy the equipment and then activate it, the account is in essence a pre-paid as in you pay before it gets turned on. When I set up my account, since I did not give them my SSN, I paid the 1st bill right away. Now I dont know if this is still how it works but I know DIRT (DIsh folks like Mary & Matt & Zach) can't start the account with Welcome Pack. You get set up on Family (and pay like $26 to start) but the next day they can change it to Welcome Pack (and you have a nice $10-$12 credit then) :)

Thanks Iceberg. That's what I wanted to hear!!!

I found a number of sites that sell a system for the Flex Pak. Most wanted about $300 for the equipment plus a $99 "Dish activation fee". Looks like I'll be doing some shopping on eBay.

Two more questions.

1.Would a system consisting of a 322 receiver and a Dish 500 with the Dish Pro dual lnb be a good match for this package (Dallas area)?

2. Can you use one of the $50 Friends & Family coupons with this?

Thanks again,

Ray

1. The 322 is a dual tuner dual output unit so that would work if you want to hook up two TV's. You would use both outputs on the LNB to the 322
2. yes you should be able to but I honestly dont know for sure

Note the 322 is a SD only receiver so you wont get any HD programming (locals would be in HD and any freeview is in HD). The 211 is the basic HD receiver and you could add a hard drive to it for a one time $40 fee. The 211 you can hook up an OTA antenna too and (if you activate the Hard drive option) can record one OTA and one sat program at same time

Thanks Iceberg. That's what I wanted to hear!!!

I found a number of sites that sell a system for the Flex Pak. Most wanted about $300 for the equipment plus a $99 "Dish activation fee". Looks like I'll be doing some shopping on eBay.

Two more questions.

1.Would a system consisting of a 322 receiver and a Dish 500 with the Dish Pro dual lnb be a good match for this package (Dallas area)?

2. Can you use one of the $50 Friends & Family coupons with this?

Thanks again,

Ray

The Flex 24 Plan is with no social security number or credit card provided and a 24 month commitment. It will require a $99.00 Activation fee and you will be required to purchase your receiver(s) which you would get free for SD equipment but charged between $99.00 and $199 per HD receiver. Accounts do qualify for new customer promotion credits and programming offers. The Club Dish Credit can be applied to this account.

The Flex TV Plan has no commitment. It will require a $199.00 Activation fee with no Social security number or credit card required. You would be required to purchase receivers costing between $49.00 and $449.00. Accounts do not qualify for new customer promotion credits and programming offers. The Club Dish Credit cannot be applied to these accounts.

Activation Only accounts will be a Flex TV Plan account but they must have the satellite dishes purchased and installed by the customer. These accounts follow the Flex TV Plan guidelines but the activation fee is waived since the installation is already completed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)