Welcome to the Uplink Center!

Digi, would it be possible to have a complete weekly auto creation of what channel exist on what transponders? The reason i ask is that while we see all of these moves occuring, I am wondering what the bigger picture is. Are these moves clearing space on other transponders, if so where. I think this would be a useful tool to have. I would love to know as of know what transponders are free etc.

It's already here... TheList. Go to the subscription section. You can sort by TP on each bird too.

The automation will soon automatically update TheList at the time of changes too.

Awesome. Great work! Once that goes Dynamic, it will be cool to watch in real time what free space they have. It seems like theres no lack of space on 129 looking at the list. What a shame they wont fire up some new HD. I guess they want to wait to get the eastern arc online to avoid upsetting customers when they need to move a new HD channel there. Who knows with Charlie though ... Maybe we will never get new HD ;0

Changes implemented:

Automatic "TheList" updates (will need to verify once we have some actual activity)
RSN moves between 129 TP 8 and TP 27 will not be reported
ALT/SPORT/etc channels moved on Echostar8 and Echostar 7 will not be reported

Agreed. I would advise that the Threads stay locked and that there be a weekly discussion on the uplink as well or something similar. Seeing that we will now know every little change, it may rapidly get out of control for there being too many chats about uplinks? Also, would it be possibly get have the uplink center on the root of the site as well? Ie as soon as we go to www.satelliteguys.us we see a link to the uplink center immediately?

Just some ideas.

I love the uplink center and think it should be very easy to get to and use in a clean and constructive fashion! ;0

-B

Well since Digiblur fixed it not to post the continuous RSN moves, it should cut the number of threads down to just a few a week now.

Why don't you make a free service for the website yourself if you don't like it.:mad:

Why don't you read the whole thread, and then you might notice my previous statement:

PS Despite any criticisms I may make concerning the format of the reporting, please be assured that I do appreciate that - in general - the uplink moves are reported to us. Thanks!

I have to agree with kstuart on this one

kstuart said:
We now have discussions going in 18 different threads (in addition to 18 different uplink reports in one week). :(

Not that I'm knocking the efforts but I agree. Unless I'm missing something, it seems to me with all those different threads and people responding to various posts within them, it's going to be very tedious to wade through everything.

I think it's great having the discussions with the specific uplinks, especially with the way it is sorted now by title instead of last post date.

I applaud your efforts digi - I really do. It's just that Ken (I think that's kstuart's name) had some legitimate points and some were dumping on him inappropriately - IMHO.

I, too, am adjusting to the new format. I don't agree with every concern expressed here, but appreciate the dialog -- the same way each thread is working out.

Thanks, Digi!