Well folks I'm out...

Sorry to see you go. My 30inch made a big differance here in Seattle area.
Still lost pic a few times over the last week with cloud fade.

I will put up with it becuase of Monsters and I really want too like anyone who battles with D and E.

My next door nieghbor is giving up as well.
He got voom 4 weeks ago. and got tired of poor local installer service

This may be an idea, those of you who have these problems should make a list of your serial numbers and dates from the back of your machine to see if there may be a problems with several machines with the same date or series of serial numbers.

Post the list and see if they match up, maybe Sung Sum Chang, had a bad night before he started work on that production line in China some where?

Think about it, Ford Motor Company had a big recall a while back.

:cool:

cleanerguy said:
This may be an idea, those of you who have these problems should make a list of your serial numbers and dates from the back of your machine to see if there may be a problems with several machines with the same date or series of serial numbers.

Post the list and see if they match up, maybe Sung Sum Chang, had a bad night before he started work on that production line in China some where?

Think about it, Ford Motor Company had a big recall a while back.

:cool:

Good idea. I second that!

Thanks for the positive response. I will be doing some future lurking to see if problems do get fixed, and I'll be watching the growth of VOOM from the side lines. That DVR that's coming in the fall just might bring me back pretty darn quick! ;) Again, thanks everyone.

We all will miss you...and anyone else that decides to leave VOOM. As with any new company there will be problems and growing pains. Nothing went smooth for Directv and Dish when they were first on the scene. Voom is also biting off more than it could chew and I occasionally think to myself, when is this cash cow going to run out? Man all this technology that they are trying to implement is costing some big $$$. They have deep pockets ...and I hope they could stay afloat. Im with VOOM until the end ....or forever because I believe that VOOM success will drive other providers to increase the amount of HD content that they make available. I see VOOM as a push toward a HD revolution. But only if it is a success. Im not saying it is wrong to leave VOOM, thats anyones decision. But if you stick with them, I think the good will out way the bad 20 times over.

txdude said:
Actually, I think some of these problems must be exclusive to certain subscribers. I have rarely had any problems and when I have had problems they certainly have not been nearly as bad as one would expect from reading some of the posts on this forum. BTW I have a 52" screen so I think I would notice if there were persistent stutters/PQ problems.
Don't kid yourself. I view Voom on a 110" screen and when Jay first announced the microstutters, I thought he had a few beers too many since I'd never noticed them. They happen quickly and if you blink, you miss them, but they are there. Keep your eyes open and stare at one spot on the screen and you will see what looks like a missed frame every so often, there is a slight "skip" in the picture.

I'll miss you Jay, you were a great resource here, hopefully Voom can get things squared away and bring you back.

Please don't describe the micro-studders. Right now I don't notice them, and I'ld like to keep it that way. :)

Ignorance is bliss, ya know!

-John

Does this forum recycle user ID's???? If so I want first dibs on GeneWildershair , but only if the avatar is included. :D --LOL. That's the funniest ID I've seen. On second thought lets put it in the ID Hall of Fame. :p Thankx for all your input, it's been very helpful. Hope you come back again.

Take care Jay--You pointed out two major problems...you should post this over at Yahoo so wilt can see it!..thanks again take care

Jay, can ya hold out until the next SW update to see if at least the stutters are fixed?

Jay,

Don't remember if you went for a 24 or 30" dish. Made a huge difference for me & others.

Hopefully will see you around in the future Jay. Your input was always appreciated...kinda figured you were giving up since you went AWOL for a bit.

Jay,

Although I have not cancelled Voom yet, I am soooo close. I still have my D* HD running (Zenith HDSAT-520) so I am able to watch stutter free HD from HBO and Showtime. I need to cancel either D* or Voom and right now, D* with the HD Tivo will win.
So, if the Voom stutter is fixed before I am able to get ahold of a HD Tivo, I'll keep Voom. If I get a HD Tivo before the stutter is fixed, Voom is out.

Jay we are going to miss you for sure but hope Voom will fix the sutter, sound , and cheap moto box soon. If they don't fix in the next software fix I will join you . I have until August 04 my D* contract is up. My only gripe is the Moto box and no other box to chose from....Just how many software up grades are needed to make it work??? Right ??? I'm glad I leased it I would be P@@# off if I had paid 7 to 800 dollars for this cracker jack HDTV box. If Voom has deep pockets why don't they change vendors for HD boxes.....This box reminds me of the cable boxes we had in the 70's and 80's....I know Voom is owned by a cable company But they should have chose a different box for HD......Well good luck again Gene we miss your input here....As for me I have about 2 months before I say good bye to Voom if this Cheap box isn't fixed. HD=Voom

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)