Well, I go both way's now.

dantheman77

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Oct 18, 2005
st. louis mo
today I bought the ps3 from amazon. have not had a gamming system for 10 or more years. the real reason i bought it though was for the Blu - ray movies. i have a HD DVD tosh2 so i got the PS3 to cover my a@# in this war. I should get it and a few games and movies on Wensday.......hope i like it!

Welcome to Big Blu. May the Blu Force guide you to enjoyment!

well thanks to both of you. i love the hd dvd but want some movies that blu - ray has. the gamming was just a extra but now that i looked more into the games i bought im really excited about playing them!

well thanks to both of you. i love the hd dvd but want some movies that blu - ray has. the gamming was just a extra but now that i looked more into the games i bought im really excited about playing them!

These things plays games, too? :eek:

:D I'm just not a gamer. I'm a long time HD DVD supporter and picked up a PS3 some time back. I do enjoy owning it and BD movies more than I thought I would - the PS3 is a darn good player. While I still buy the HD DVD version of dual format releases from Warner & Paramount, I'm up to around 20 BD movies.

Enjoy owning the best of both worlds. :)

The PS3 is a much better player than my HD-A1. The remote being wireless is nice, but things like step forward and back work. Also, being able to see statistics and stuff on the BD disc is nice. The second generation HDDVD players probably address all of this. The key layout of the PS3 remote does leave something to be desired, the stop button between the play and pause annoys me, but the PS3 can resume playing much faster than the HDA1.

had it hooked up for a few days now. im glad i bought it!!! have not watched a movie yet, did put in Pirates 1 and checked out a few sceans, NICE, the look and sound of perfect! (LOL) did really look and sound great!! one thing i want to do is rent a blu ray movie that i also own in hd dvd just to do a comapre to see for myself. i'm nowhere the expert on this stuff like manny of you are but just to see with my own eyes.
what i have been doing mostly is gamming!! wow this is not Pong, is it!!!
MOTOR STORM: wow !! like i said i have not played games for years!! things sure have changed!! i love it becaues it looks and sound great, neat the way the game plays and all features. HATE it because i SUCK!! this is tough, for me at least!!
all in all, im verry happy!! time to get killed in a car race!

oh one other thing, need to buy a hdmi switcher, now i have to unhook hd dvd player to hook this up..oh well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)