Well today's the day...

briansanders007

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 24, 2003
Finally after waiting a couple weeks my install window is today 12-4. I called voom to make sure everything was on schedual and they said it was. I can't wait!!! We are suppose to get storms today so hopefully since I prewired it won't take long. I only ordered one receiver in hopes the dvr will come out soon. :) I will let you know how it goes.

Well so far the installers not here. but then again I have 2hrs of my time slot left.

The intallers finally arrived at about 10 minutes to spare. It didn't take long to install as I prewired and got a smile on their faces when I said that. They were truely awsome installers! They did everything right and mounted the dish with all weather proofing and grounding. They found a great place to mount the dish it looks good and you can't see it from the street. I have been playing around with it for a while and it looks pretty good. The welcome kit wasn't here so they are sending that out later. All my local channels are mapped. All in all I think it went pretty good. I'm using the dvi cable. When I put the unit on 1080 it seems it cuts off my screen a little bit. Is there a way to adjust this in voom? My hdtv doesn't have any screen adjusting tools when using hd inputs. It's an rca so imagine that. I just wanted to post a postive install since so many have had a lot of issues. I was really impressed by my installers. Being in the home theater field myself, I was able to talk to them and find out what they knew and they were really savy. Hats off to installers inc for this one.

MY RPTV has a different setup for each input, and different convergence settings. Its a lot of work. I think its different for each TV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)