WEMT Tri Cities

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Randall DBS

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 29, 2005
Jonesborough, Tennessee
Well looks like Directv is gonna lose WEMT and I assume WCYB and the CW4 since there owned by the same group. Was watching King of the Hill this evening on the cable which I use for locals since I have KC HD locals through Dish and it scrolled accross the top of the screen that Directv may lose WEMT and to keep being able to recieve it either switch to Dish Network or cable. I guess it isnt just Dish that has these problems.

I haven't heard anything about this. This had better NOT happen. You can't even get HD signals in the Tri-Cities, and now, this may happen? I will be one unhappy person if this doesn't get worked out. And, they better work out some type of carriage issue for HD as well.

WEMT and WCYB in Tricities leaving D*

Yes. I've seen the scroll on WCYB and heard in the local media that both WEMT and CYB most likely will NOT be available on D*. They did encourage viewers to subscribe to Dish or cable.
Oh what a web we weave!

I called WCYB directly tonight about this issue. Apparently, there was a carriage agreement reached today, so SD feeds will not be lost as threatened by WCYB. The individual that I spoke to did not know if a carriage agreement had been reached for HD feeds, so that is unknown at this time. They had better get that worked out as well!

Looks like Dish is gonna have the HD feeds of the Tri Cities before Directv, there on Dishes uplink report for ciel 2 the new satellite for 129 West. Glad I switched to Dish even though right now I "moved" to Kansas City so I could get some HD nets for now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)