Went into Best Buy yesterday

John W

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Planet Earth
And they didn't even have any HD-DVD discs or players - I was just in there and they had an entire section of discs and was hoping on picking up some cheap. I wonder what they did with all of them?

I went in yesterday also and the associate pulled about 20 HD DVD's from the back as they had pulled them from the shelves. They only offered 30% off....I mentioned the Circuit City 50% deal and they still only would give 30. So I left with nothing.

Probably sold them off to a broker. With the HD DVD titles gone now they have no incentive for sale prices on the BD titles either...

Noticed this yesterday, also in Columbus.
Stopped by FYE in the mall, they still have used ones for 30 bucks! I asked about them, and the Mgr swore they were still selling great at that price. No new ones on the shelf though.

The end is nigh....... Even Amazon's number of available titles is dwindling....

Glad I got that Samsung Duo player though.... Bought about 30 HD DVDs on the cheap,.... Blade Runner, Matrix Trilogy, Planet Earth, as well as a host of catalog titles...

The end is nigh....... Even Amazon's number of available titles is dwindling....

Glad I got that Samsung Duo player though.... Bought about 30 HD DVDs on the cheap,.... Blade Runner, Matrix Trilogy, Planet Earth, as well as a host of catalog titles...

There were still over 500 titles when I looked yesterday. Maybe not all available.

I need to just buy the Oceans Trilogy; its one I have been wanting. That and go to Amazon.uk to get Terminator 2; for $30.

It might have been a link to a few on special...... I only saw about 3 dozen on the link so assumed they were winding down their inventory.... Apologies....

Was on buy.com trying to use a $20 of $60 in purchases Google checkout coupon that expires Sunday, but several of my choices kept making it grey out the google checkout option so I bailed on it.....

They still have hundred titles there also......

It might have been a link to a few on special...... I only saw about 3 dozen on the link so assumed they were winding down their inventory.... Apologies....

Was on buy.com trying to use a $20 of $60 in purchases Google checkout coupon that expires Sunday, but several of my choices kept making it grey out the google checkout option so I bailed on it.....

They still have hundred titles there also......

Yes, the sale page is only 2 pages long. But when you navigate to the ALL HD DVD titles, there are still more than 500 listed.

Amazon would be smart to keep selling them while there is demand.

Since Amazon sells used as well as new, I'm wondering if HD DVDs will be available there for a long time to come, albeit new declining as used rises ??

Since Amazon sells used as well as new, I'm wondering if HD DVDs will be available there for a long time to come, albeit new declining as used rises ??

I would think so. As long as people have used HD DVDs to sell, can't see why Amazon would not sell them through the Marketplace.

Circuit City is selling their remaining titles for 50% off, bought several today, along with an open box A3 for $70, it will go in the closet for a back up unit.

Circuit City is selling their remaining titles for 50% off, bought several today, along with an open box A3 for $70, it will go in the closet for a back up unit.

Ooh... must stop by CC tomorrow morning then!

I caved into my desires today, and ordered Ocean's Trilogy from amazon. :)

i was in the local circuit city last week and i didn't spot any hd-dvd's at all.....even any on sale. perhaps, they were finally sold out. and maybe they weren't.

They were in 2 round bins near a counter, like you see at wal mart.