WGN HD & Reciever upgrade question...

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I live very close to you and have the hr20-700.My guide shows 2 different channels for 2,5,7,9,32. One sd and one hd version.Most of the time the 2 channels carry the same program. Channel 11 only shows the sd channel and when I called they said they didn't carry the hd channel.

I live very close to you and have the hr20-700.My guide shows 2 different channels for 2,5,7,9,32. One sd and one hd version.Most of the time the 2 channels carry the same program. Channel 11 only shows the sd channel and when I called they said they didn't carry the hd channel.

Thanks Jet,
Yeah on your HR20, you are seeing the local HD stations as well as SD locals. Only the new HD receivers will see chicago HD locals.

Regarding channel 11 (wttw) you know they show alot of good shows that are awesome in HD... I can only hope I guess, or hook my OTA back up.

Does D* provide Comcast Sports Chicago HD on a national beam or spot?

DISH might, when the games are on... if they get the deal done, for locals :cool:

Oh Yeah, Go White Sox!!

At this time it's a spot beam. Some guessing says that once D10 and D11 go up they might move the HD RSN's over to CONUS so the folks with sports subscriptions would be able to see the games in the package in HD.

Call D* and ask to be transferred to customer retention (tell them you're thinking about cancelling). Then tell the rep that you want to get Comcast Sportsnet HD feed and Comcast cable has it so you might cancel D*. If you've been a good customer (aka spend a lot of money per month) you should at least get a discount on it, if not free, especially since you have an HR10-250 and spent a lot of month on that box.

Or he can call D* and ask them about upgrading to the HR20-700, instead of threating to leave and see what thet will get him.

Status
Please reply by conversation.