what about the nfusion info bar????

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

litvmoch

Original poster
Aug 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Hello Litvmoch here, asking a tech question to any nfusion receiver owners - when I punch the 'info' button on my paddle I get the bottom blue bar with little info on it, and when I double click on it, the second info bar jumps up wht the 'no ifno' read. this happens even when am on 'terestrial' mode, getting local programs. It's NOT because if any local problems as I also own a tivex (or similar name) digital converter, and when I punch the info button on it I get the tv channel, the name of the program currently running, an arrow to the next show coming up plus details on what the current show is all about. I do not understand how a relativly cheap digital receiver/converter can list such great info and my expensive Nfusion tells me 'no info available'........ bad receiver, or wrong software bios update??? anybody help on this one????

Over The Air, Digital Converter boxes receive guide info that is being broadcast specifically for their use.

FTA boxes don't generally display any guide info because 99+% of FTA satellite transmissions have no guide info available.
The exceptions are few and far between
(I think one religious network may have some, and possibly some subscription services).

If your nFusion has a terrestrial tuner, and it shows no guide info, then you have something to complain about. :)
But, when I auditioned other FTA receivers with ATSC tuners some time ago, most didn't have any guide either.

Thanks, Guru for the prompt answer!

I forgot to introduce myself to all you satellite people, I am litvmoch, the newbie from hell.

Sorry to let you know I will be driving you nuts with all the questions (probably mostly stupid) but I need to start somewhere and this site looks like a great place to do that.

This is to thank you in advance for all your help, patience and insight I am sure is soon coming!

:hatsoff:

:welcome Welcome to SatelliteGuys!

The DTV convertor boxes were mandated to provide EPG function to qualify for the coupon program. Hybrid STB receivers like the nfusion are not required to provide EPG for the terrestrial channels, but one would think that they would have done so as a selling feature.

BTW, not such a thing as a stupid question ...... unless you don't use the search function first...... :eek: LOL!

the info bar revisited and thanks!

I finally got the info bars and stuff, I had the wrong software downloaded - replaced it and poof! there it was! or rather, IS!

what is a hybrid and why is the nfusion a 'hybrid' HD receiver?? because of design, engineering or both????? do you have any specifics?

oh, while I am here, I did not get the cuban 30degree west satellite listed in several satellite listings on my receiver? the furthest west I have a listing for is 37 degrees west, which makes me think the list I have downloaded is for another zone or area???? maybe the 37W I have is actually 30 west somewhere else?????????

questions, questions, questions......... from another newbie!

Litvmoch

Hybrid ? He probably just means hybrid because its : 1.fta receiver + 2.over the air tuner also. Most fta rec do not have OTA tuners, but seems more are being made lately, esp the more expensive fta receivers.

As for the bird at 30° west, you should have an add a satellite function in one of your menues.
. . . and the title under my name, is a function of the forum, based on post-count. - :rolleyes:
I finally got the info bars and stuff, I had the wrong software downloaded - replaced it and poof! there it was! or rather, IS!
So, are you saying you now get OTA guide info?
That'd be the first FTA receiver to do any guide on OTA, that I know of.

If so, how far in advance, etc?
Some DTV boxes have what's on now, what's on next.
Some do 6 hours into the future; some do 12 hours...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)