What about Vizio TVs?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
poor color, low contrast ratios and brightness.

That reads like all LCD's. :rolleyes:

There's nothing wrong with Vizios for the bedroom. Personally, I wouldn't put any LCD (including the Bravia and Aquos) in as a home theater centerpiece. As far as failure rates go, I've seen plenty of Vizio's in restaurants around town. Those see a lot more hours than the average home system. One buddy had one. He returned it to Sam's since it popped and made noise. He just needed to take it out of "torch" mode. He bought a Philips (now that is one brand that has no business being associated with tier 1) instead. His Philips has good SD scaling, but has NO PC input (no DVI or VGA).

Back to Vizio. Hell, I would take a Vizio with the money saved to do a proper ISF calibration and one (or both) high definition optical player(s) vs. an expensive, prone to banding Sharp in left torch mode for the bedroom.

Sceptre's appear to be crap. Westinghouse's are hit and miss. I have a refurb in my bedroom. It has quirks, but it works and serves its purpose. Emprex? No reviews anywhere. Ilo? Polaroid? Blech. Insignia? Blech.

Out of the cheap brands, I prefer Olevia. However, ain't nothing wrong with Vizio.

That reads like all LCD's. :rolleyes:

There's nothing wrong with Vizios for the bedroom. Personally, I wouldn't put any LCD (including the Bravia and Aquos) in as a home theater centerpiece. As far as failure rates go, I've seen plenty of Vizio's in restaurants around town. Those see a lot more hours than the average home system. One buddy had one. He returned it to Sam's since it popped and made noise. He just needed to take it out of "torch" mode. He bought a Philips (now that is one brand that has no business being associated with tier 1) instead. His Philips has good SD scaling, but has NO PC input (no DVI or VGA).

Back to Vizio. Hell, I would take a Vizio with the money saved to do a proper ISF calibration and one (or both) high definition optical player(s) vs. an expensive, prone to banding Sharp in left torch mode for the bedroom.

Sceptre's appear to be crap. Westinghouse's are hit and miss. I have a refurb in my bedroom. It has quirks, but it works and serves its purpose. Emprex? No reviews anywhere. Ilo? Polaroid? Blech. Insignia? Blech.

Out of the cheap brands, I prefer Olevia. However, ain't nothing wrong with Vizio.

Plenty wrong with the Vizio. I had one and took it back. If you want a good lcd. Stay with tier one companys.(Sony, Samsung, Sharp, Toshiba and Phillips). You can tell a difference. Once you watch a Vizio and keep ot for a couple of weeks and then go to a friends house and watch a leading brand, you will know exactly what I am talking about.

Plenty wrong with the Vizio. I had one and took it back. If you want a good lcd. Stay with tier one companys.(Sony, Samsung, Sharp, Toshiba and Phillips). You can tell a difference. Once you watch a Vizio and keep ot for a couple of weeks and then go to a friends house and watch a leading brand, you will know exactly what I am talking about.

Sorry maybe your Vizio was a problem but not all of them. In fact my neighbor who has a Sony XBR is getting a Vizio because the picture and the price is so much better. I tuned both TVs and I can say that the Vizio is very impressive with PQ to match.

A properly set up Vizio is just as good as any other brand out there. I have seen poorly set up TVs in many brands. Including the brands you mention.
BTW Phillips and Vizio use the same panels. As a side note Phillips and Sharp are not tier 1 brands.

I havent seen one that looked good. They must be terribly out of calibration at the stores. Problem is only a specialty store would take the time to calibrate a set and Vizio doesnt offer enough profit margin probbaly to be sold in such a place. In any case the ones I have seen didnt offer much of a contrast ration and you cant make that out of thin air.

The one that has gotten the award doesn't look like a cheapo model: $1800 for 47" 1080p.

Diogen.

Sorry maybe your Vizio was a problem but not all of them. In fact my neighbor who has a Sony XBR is getting a Vizio because the picture and the price is so much better. I tuned both TVs and I can say that the Vizio is very impressive with PQ to match..
Better get you eyes checked!

I got a refurb Vizio 42'' off of tigerdirect for $650, and IMO, it's an excellent set. I have it in a small room (10'x12') for movie, sports watching, etc. OTA HD looks great as do upconverted DVDs. My brother has a 60'' Sony but it's in a much larger room.

The one that has gotten the award doesn't look like a cheapo model: $1800 for 47" 1080p.

Diogen.
Yeah thats not cheap. Ill have to look for it in action somewhere. Manufacturers are SOO smart I think they plot out new models for years ahead of time with just enough improvements to keep prices up. 720p, DVI, HDMI, 1080p, 120HZ................ and on and on it will go. Is it 120 Hz as well?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)