What am I doing wrong?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

waylew

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 23, 2010
northern WEST new york
Been screwing around with this for a week now and still can't get what I want.
Finally got the BDM to work,did all the "saves" and started playing.First put the new#9 maps in and got no digital channels on X4,just 1-24.Played around a while other things seemed to work ok ,but.Decided to do a master reset and it did just that.Put the original maps back in and I was back where I started.As I 'm going to sell this I decided to put the preshutdown #8 maps in.Anyway,long story short(too late) no matter what I do the X4 channels end at 856 not 941.

This is a GI922 that still had ku X4 and W5 that went to 856.

First, your not giving much details of what you did or if you followed the directions properly.

Many forget that they must have all the files on their computer in the proper areas, then the next item that some forget to do, is that to send the file to the receiver they have to click on the nvram tab.
Usually it is just a very simple thing that causes the frustration.

Second, Why would you do a master reset?
This erases all the settings and the emm provider number in the receiver that you can not put back in by yourself.

Now if you had the original nvram saved from the receiver you may be able to still get things rolling but....somewhere along the line you failed to do one of the steps required.

If you have the original nvram saved email it to me and i'll take a look at it.

Sounds like the file you were sending was not going to the receiver.
There was one person last week who had this happen and then found out they forgot to click on the NVRAM tab before writing to the receiver, and staying on that tab when they were finished to reboot the receiver.

Another person did not put 1 file in their computer properly and that caused a different problem.

waylew said:
I'm not going to mess with it again till tomorrow,and all the stuff is on a different puter,I'll get back to you.

It's always a good idea to 'sleep on it' and try again in the morning.

If it helps at all, I followed th instructions from here an was successful first time around.

Check, check again and the heck again anyway!

I actually gave it a rest for a couple of days,but I think I finally got it to take today.I gave it a "Glenn" fix,even tho it's never been to Chicago.Saw the new instructions on the MM site,did a master reset and redid the maps from there,X4 finally has the right channels.

Glad you were finally able to figure it out.
Usually when someone has a problem it is due to missing one little step along the way that is the culprit.

Glad you were finally able to figure it out.
Usually when someone has a problem it is due to missing one little step along the way that is the culprit.
It actually did work the first time I tried it except for X4,which came up with no digital channels.So then it was just going around in circles trying the different bins and still getting no digis or the old digis,but just on X4,the other sats would do whatever they were supposed to be doing.Then I saw the "Glen"fix on the home page,tried that and it finally got X4 right.
If you still want to look at the original "saves" I can send them to you.This box hadn't seen an update in quite a while so it had a relatively old set of maps in it.I got it cheap,for parts,fixed it and was just gonna keep it for a spare,then the prices shot up so it's headed for the flea.

Well I have no clue what your talking about for the so called 'fix' as the maps on the website are all the same for X4
and restoring the maps places those back in the receiver properly.
So unless you were using the original maps, (and I don't know why anyone would since the new maps places everything on the proper satellites), and at that they should be fine there should have been no problems with X4.

waylew something does sound off. I followed the steps here https://sites.google.com/site/4dtvmapmaster/home very carefully.

My receiver was an "unbricked" 920 that had W5 as C and X4 as Ku - if I remember correctly, it was a while ago.

Anyway, I followed the steps on the link to update the maps and it worked fine.

If you have the original dump from your receiver I would suggest (pending Stargaze) following the linked steps, using your original receiver dump.

Sorry it was on the MapMaster zip files page not the home page.After reading that I decided to try it from a master reset and that worked.Why it worked that way and not the other I don't know.Anyway it works now so case closed and this thread might as well be too.

Thanks for clearing some things up.
It is always good to know where things do not go as planned so others know in the future and then if something may need to be changed to make things better for everyone. So anytime someone has a problem or a fix for one it is always good to hear of the solution to it so anyone coming up later on knows how to correct things if they run into it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)