What am I Receiving?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Monkey's uncle: 12180 V 30000 on 125w has always been a b**** for me here (we're roughly 1200km part).
Good part is you got Daystar, so you're on track... with a motor (usuals), I had to "fine tune" the elevation to get 12180 V 30000
despite the rest of the arc (72w-123w) coming in fine. Once adjusted, 12180 V 30000 came in at a strong 70%.

Cheers, K

PS- I dont think your deck railing is up to code.

Monkey's uncle: 12180 V 30000 on 125w has always been a b**** for me here (we're roughly 1200km part).
Good part is you got Daystar, so you're on track... with a motor (usuals), I had to "fine tune" the elevation to get 12180 V 30000
despite the rest of the arc (72w-123w) coming in fine. Once adjusted, 12180 V 30000 came in at a strong 70%.

Cheers, K

PS- I dont think your deck railing is up to code.
No motor for any of this. I'm using my fixed dish just outside window from receiver and short RG-6 cable. If there were more satellites further west, I could keep panning west and get them. Running out of ideas.

I'm a technologist, not a railing carpenter.

There's a DVB-S transponder at 12036H 3725 (I think) you might try to see. It may help you aim.

- Trip

Not sure if that 12036 H 3725 tp is active now. But I have a strong Claro TV tp on which I have oriented and I'm satisfied I'm centred on AMC 21. While monitoring each PBS tp, I gently tugged in each direction on the dish (east/west, up/down) and I could see the SL / bobble-head SQ readings go down. I also changed my LNB to a SatelliteAV SL2 (non-PLL) and I get virtually identical results for all tests.

I'm using both a microHD and an S9 so both are capable of DVB-S2 and HD. If necessary, tomorrow I may go steal my PLL LNB from my motorized dish and install it on the fixed dish to see if it makes any difference pulling in AMC 21.

12036H is still running but is way down in strength from where I remember it being. Not sure why.

- Trip

Have now tried my Avenger PLL LNB and results are the same. This was my final ace I thought might resolve this issue. Tough to understand how Claro can be so strong without a peep from any other tps.

Added: And the PBS HD tp is supposef to be 5 dB stronger here than Claro according to lyngsat footprints.

Last edited:
Tough to understand how Claro can be so strong without a peep from any other tps
There are 2 different beams. You seem to be able to get the Caribbean beam, and not the North American beam.
One of your Sat Meter pics did show that you had locked the "HBO" TP - 11980 V 30000

I have a real hard time with 125 W here, very intermittent. Sometimes it's there with good quality and sometimes not, 72 to 123 W is fine but 125 W is a pain here. Sometimes even when my receiver shows good quality and locks I get no picture/sound on any channels for whatever reason.

Ima join the crowd, hehe, only thing I can get on my motorized 1m is the claro scrambled stuff, nothing else. Wondering if trees might be my problem though, and after seeing cybers pics, I wonder if his evergreens are partially blocking him!

I am having the same problem trying to get 121w again but I kept getting the channels from claro on 125w driving me insane. I am using my turbo HD dish with superdish mod.

Dan Rose

IMG_0225.JPGIMG_0226.JPGIMG_0227.JPGIMG_0228.JPG

Looking for Mr. AMC 21

There are 2 different beams. You seem to be able to get the Caribbean beam, and not the North American beam.
One of your Sat Meter pics did show that you had locked the "HBO" TP - 11980 V 30000
The indicated Claro TV tps have a footprint that I should not be able to receive since it only provides 42~43 dBW and a 1-metre dish likely won't receive that. But perhaps Claro has increased the power out from their tps or changed their footprint since the lyngsat footprint was published. From what others are saying, Claro has a powerhouse signal.

The PBS North American beam footprint should be providing 48 dBW here and that is plenty strong to be received on my 1-metre dish, especially when using a fixed dish so I have freedom to position it precisely in both azimuth and elevation.

I'm going to do more checking today using my Android application to confirm 11 degrees elevation to AMC 21 will clear my local trees. Perhaps earlier when I checked this, I did it standing up beside the dish (6-feet above dish) instead of groveling down on the balcony floor where the dish is sitting. All indications are that I'm just not receiving enough signal from the PBS tps.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tuner board S10

SatelliteGuys Remembers GHPR13

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts