What are the Top 10 most frequent questions?

Ilya

XXI Century Explorer
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2004
NE OH
Between VOOM STB FAQ and Pre/Post-Installation FAQ we now have more than 100 VOOM-related questions answered. But what are the top 10 questions? I am going to make a separate list of 10 most frequent VOOM-related questions. These are not necessarily the most important questions, but simply those that we see asked over and over again in this and other forums. (How to switch the STB resolution is certainly one of them!)

Please post your suggestions for the Top 10 questions here.

How do I check the signal readings and what should I expect?

How do I jump back to the previous channel? (this one may not make the top ten but quite a few folks have asked)

This is a top ten question.....I had VOOM installed today and Im noticing the the picture isnt really crisp. I read the display and it says 480. I thought it was supposed to be 1080i? ....PUSH THE RED BUTTON.

Has anyone asked if it's possible to extend the time we have to enter in the channel number. If I want to hit DiscoveryHD I might hit 6-0- and then before I can fumble for the 1 it takes me to 61 UPN OTA. I wish this thing gave a little more time for me to find the numbers. Is this possible?

Can I use VOOM with Tivo?

Do I need a landline?

Why is my OTA not working? a list of items should be developed to check for possible problems.

How does channel mapping works?

I lost all channels what should I do? Do soft-reboot first and then hard-reboot? How do I do these?

how do I check what software I have?

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop ? Sorry couldn't resist . How do I check my OTA singal meter

Why do I lose my picture when it rains?
Why aren't all of my OTA channels showing up?
Why are there OTA channels listed but I can't tune them in?

Some other popular queries:

- How come my picture is cropped? It looks like the picture is zoomed in.

- When will VOOM get the regional sports networks? (Just leave the answer blank for this one :D )

- How come some channel's audio is lower than others?

- How many times can VOOM broadcast Cheap Trick in concert before customer's revolt, storm VOOM headquarters yelling "Surrender!, Surrender!"?

Ok, I've posted the first version of the Top 10 List here. Sorry, the last two suggestions didn't make it to the list :)

Please continue posting your suggestions, as we will be revising this list from time to time. Even if your questions will not be included in the Top 10, your suggestions will help us in updating the VOOM FAQ.

Thanks to everyone!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts