What are you thoughts about Bonds passing Ruth and Breaking Aaron HR Record?

bonds is a piece of crap, so is McGuwirer, why do you think ken griffey had jr go to florida??

look at my home town, same as griffeys, same as musials.

I love this picture. There was no needle and the thing was unused. It was no different than throwing a paper airplane at him. EXCEPT that he broke the law and needs to pay the price. I applaud the person that did it.

I remember when this piece of dirt played in Pittsburgh and he was hated because of his attitude. He deserves anything he gets.

BTW, I am currently on 4 of the Schedule III Controlled Substances including these steroids and Vicodin and they are NOT given to make me hit a little ball 20 feet further then the guy next to me. He was a idiot to take them in the first place for this reason! They are NOT to be played with!

Last edited:
vurbano said:
When I was using the term illegal it reffered to illegally obtaining and using the product, and you knew that. Congratulations on crapping all over the thread. I doubt he could find a doctor to do it. The Doc would lose his lisence to practice. Anabolic steriods are now in the same category as cocaine. I suppose you dont consider cocaine an illegal drug either.
Um, no. No, I didn't know that (but you know that). How would I? It's not what you said. You called a man ignorant for stating something that is true, and linked to something apparently assuming none of us would actually read it. Of course something's illegal when used and obtained illegally, but thanks for clearing that up for me. At least removing the "ignorant" comment from your post shows a little class.

As far as cocaine goes, according to that delightful document you linked to it is a Schedule II drug, not Schedule III. Therein lies a difference. It has also been banned by baseball for quite some time -- another difference.

And if you have a problem with me "crapping all over the thread" just report it to a moderator. I'm sure if I cross any lines they'll let me know. I was simply pointing out that you called someone ignorant for posting a fact and then linked to infomation that proved his point.

mdonnelly said:
Just as the Babe was illegally obtaining and using alcohol. Prohibition, remember. That was the Federal law at the time.
The difference in that is that alcohol hurts your performance. As far as records go perhaps Babes should get a "good" asterisk and yes in the eyes of the law he should have been arrested if he broke it. But they wouldnt have had enough jail cells for everyone.

TheTimm said:
Um, no. No, I didn't know that (but you know that). How would I? It's not what you said. You called a man ignorant for stating something that is true, and linked to something apparently assuming none of us would actually read it. Of course something's illegal when used and obtained illegally, but thanks for clearing that up for me. At least removing the "ignorant" comment from your post shows a little class.

As far as cocaine goes, according to that delightful document you linked to it is a Schedule II drug, not Schedule III. Therein lies a difference. It has also been banned by baseball for quite some time -- another difference.

And if you have a problem with me "crapping all over the thread" just report it to a moderator. I'm sure if I cross any lines they'll let me know. I was simply pointing out that you called someone ignorant for posting a fact and then linked to infomation that proved his point.

Both class II and class III drugs are illegal without a prescription. Stop playing this ridiculous word game. Perhaps you should go tell everyone tring to "legalize" marijuana that its already legal. And while you are at it go tell all the Cocaine junkies to have no fear either. With your twisted logic, and you have to twist it pretty darn hard to come up with that warped arguement, just about every drug on the planet is legal. What a REVELATION! we no longer have to worry about ILLEGAL drug use because YOU have brought this to OUR attention! THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU!!!!!!!!!!! OMG this is earth stattering!!!!!!!!!This is the basis for the 2 page flaming youve been doing? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
vurbano said:
Both class II and class III drugs are illegal without a prescription. Stop playing this ridiculous word game. Perhaps you should go tell everyone tring to "legalize" marijuana that its already legal. And while you are at it go tell all the Cocaine junkies to have no fear either. With your twisted logic, and you have to twist it pretty darn hard to come up with that warped arguement, just about every drug on the planet is legal. What a REVELATION! we no longer have to worry about ILLEGAL drug use because YOU have brought this to OUR attention! THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU!!!!!!!!!!! OMG this is earth stattering!!!!!!!!!This is the basis for the 2 page flaming youve been doing? :rolleyes:
"Flaming"?:confused:
I sincerely apologize if I've given you the impression that you're under attack here. That's not my intent at all. I usually look forward to reading your opinions on the issues discussed on these boards, and your arguments defending them. But in this case I felt you didn't think it through before you posted that someone's factually correct post was ignorant. My only mistake was thinking that you would see how wrong that was and/or discuss it like a grownup. My bad.

Dude, go do a search for illegal drug use in your browser.
http://www.acep.org/webportal/PatientsConsumers/HealthSubjectsByTopic/DrugRelatedEmergencies/FactSheetIllegalDrugUse.htm

<TABLE cellSpacing=4 cellPadding=4 width="95%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=content vAlign=top align=middle>Q.</TD><TD class=content vAlign=center align=left>What are the harmful effects of commonly used illegal drugs?</TD></TR><TR><TD class=content vAlign=top align=middle>A.</TD><TD class=content vAlign=center align=left>
Steroids. The repercussions of steroid use are enormous. Among teenagers, steroid use can lead to an untimely halting of growth due to premature skeletal maturation and accelerated puberty changes. Steroid users risk liver tumors, high blood pressure, severe acne, and trembling.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I suppose the doctors are wrong because they assume "without" a prescription? It is assumed by 99.9999999999% of everyone that the term illegal drug or illegal drug use means without a prescription. The poster was WRONG stating his "FACT" My mistake was to expect that the debate would take place above an elementary school level of understanding. I will submit that steriods are legal with a prescription. Any drug is legal with a prescription. That is the basis of your arguement. It couldnt be more trivial in the discussion of Barry Bonds

Last edited:
dragon002 said:
guys,

ole barry must be a human magnet. when him and bonilla were in pittsburgh playing for the pirates, fans used to pelt them with 9v batteries. go figure. LOL

I forgot about that. Makes the syringe think look innocent doesnt it.

Brewer4 said:
I forgot about that. Makes the syringe think look innocent doesnt it.
yup, the syringe without the needle isnt going to hurt you unless you trip over it. But batteries would really hurt.

dragon002 said:
...and IMHO parker brought that on himself, talking down on CLEMENTE!!!!!!!!!
Now THERE was a class act, Clemente I mean! Died needlessly on a charitable mission. No good deed goes unpunished, I guess...

yup, a TRUE HERO, Roberto Clemente #21

Attachments

• images clemente.jpg
    images clemente.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 94

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)