What are you Watching?

I saw the original “TRON” in the same theater that I first saw “Star Wars”, but the theater was torn down not many years later for a motel (ND football weekends pay better, I guess). So when the “30 years later” sequel of “TRON: Legacy” came out, I convinced my movie buddy that we should go see it. I liked it, he didn’t (he didn’t see the first one).

Then, the DisneyXD came out with a pretty slickly done series called “TRON: Uprising” that ran one season. Elijah Wood voiced the hero, Beck, along with Mandy Moore as one of his fellow mechanic programs. Bruce Boxlitner is TRON, of course.

Time-wise, it takes place before the 2nd movie, and follows the resistance to CLU’s attempts to remove “imperfection” from the Grid. Lance Henriksen (Bishop from ”Aliens”) is Tesler, the commander overseeing the occupation of the city. Tricia Helfer voices all the computer announcements, there are voice cameos from John Glover (played Lex’s Dad in “Smallville”), Adam Devine gets a short-lived appearance, Kate Mara, Olivia Wilde, Paul Ruebens, and some other surprises. In the early Teens, this was a low-key Disney appearance.

Disney and Dish didn’t always see eye to eye, and it seemed that DisneyXD disappeared from my Dish Package around this time, so I only ever saw the first episode nine years ago. Every once in awhile, I would catch an episode when staying someplace with DirecTV and DisneyXD on the lineup, but it wasn’t until we got Disney+ that I could binge the whole series. Which, being only one 19 episode season, didn’t take long. Unfortunately, it ends on a cliff-hanger (like all season finales must) so you have to watch “TRON: Legacy” to get any sense of satisfaction.

“Wandavision” on Disney+ is, er, um, “Interesting”. Is it a comedy? Is it a Hydra-hosted Framework interrogation of an Avenger? Is it Wanda’s way of coming to grips with the loss of Vision?

So far, the sets have been “The Dick vanDyke Show” and “Bewitched”, so I’m curious to see what SitCom comes next.

I just finished “Chesley Bonestell: A Brush With The Future” on Amazon Prime Video. My family had the Life Magazine book on the History of Earth which featured many illustrations by Chesley Bonestell. A pretty fascinating look at an artist who may have influenced many children to become astrophysicists and NASA engineers.

“Wandavision” on Disney+ is, er, um, “Interesting”. Is it a comedy? Is it a Hydra-hosted Framework interrogation of an Avenger? Is it Wanda’s way of coming to grips with the loss of Vision?

So far, the sets have been “The Dick vanDyke Show” and “Bewitched”, so I’m curious to see what SitCom comes next.
I've been watching Dick Van Dyke off and on, on ME TV ....
I would like to see Bewitched come back on ... somewhere.

I've been watching Dick Van Dyke off and on, on ME TV ....
I love that Dick Van Dyke show, with Mary Tyler Moore

Those episodes when their baby was born were priceless,

I also remember that one where she is tricked by the host of some contest tv show, and then she kind of by accident discloses some gossip about his boss

Weird thing, but I guess I have to thank those trackers and cookies,

Right after reading you and posting a reply, I opened Youtube and in the recommended videos

the following one popped up, if you go to this one, maybe you'll find more Bewtiched episodes

I hadn't thought about Youtube ...

Did you Search for it on Youtube or did it just show up when you went to Youtube ?

If you did not Search for it ... thats pretty scary ... something is watching what you type.
I did not search for it,

I just opened Youtube, and there it was on the Recommended.

Sure thing, Big Brother or Google is watching me.

Scary I agree, even more scary is the fact that right after I google for new flavors of Pepsi, I go to youtube and the recommended videos include some about diabetes and lowering blood sugar. -- Yikes....

• Wow
Reactions: Jimbo
My holiday week binges:
Mr. Mercedes on Peacock
The Good Fight on CBS AA
Perry Mason on HBO Max

Plus, weekly episodes of The Expanse on Prime
Late to the discussion, but did a 7 day preview just for Mr. Mercedes. What a GREAT show. Will continue another month wo watch S3 in March.

Reactions: dfergie