What are you Watching?

Just finished Mare of Eastown on HBO Max — Bravo!

Just finished Girls5Ever on Peacock — lots of fun, pleasantly surprised

Mythic Quest and the music documentary series 1971 on Apple TV+

The Underground Railroad on Prime — very well-done, incredible acting, gorgeous cinematography, like a big-budget period film

Wrapping up The Good Fight s.4 on Paramount+ to get ready for the new season

Not finding anything to watch on regular broadcast channels this summer other than s.3 of Mr. InBetween

Excellent last 5 laps. I think you might have something there.
Well, we do definitely have a different season than the last several years. There seems to be a lot more competition going on, and older drivers making their experience pay off for new teams.

Evil s.2, The Good Fight s.5, Why Women Kill s.2, Younger s.3, and The Good Wife on Paramount+ (never thought I'd be watching so much on P+ that didn't have "Star Trek" in the title)

Hacks (just finished) and Made for Love on HBO Max (Hacks is the best Max original I've seen thus far)

Bosch s.6 on Prime (how does this show stay so consistently good?)

Reactions: Foxbat
Truth Be Told on Apple TV+ — one of those under-the-radar high-quality shows
Schmigadoon on Apple TV+ — probably the funniest thing I'm watching right now, and that includes the start of season 2 of Ted Lasso
Departure
on Peacock — much to my pleasant surprise I just discovered season 2 starts in one week

Reactions: Howard Simmons
Thanks for that, hadn't seen the news. Enjoyed season 1.
Looks like it won't be till September for season 2. Departure Season 2 Release Date, Cast | When Will New Season air?
departure-series-poster.jpg

Truth Be Told on Apple TV+ — one of those under-the-radar high-quality shows
Schmigadoon on Apple TV+ — probably the funniest thing I'm watching right now, and that includes the start of season 2 of Ted Lasso
Departure
on Peacock — much to my pleasant surprise I just discovered season 2 starts in one week
I'm glad you brought this series to my attention. Thank You. I've always liked watching her on Blindspot and The Good wife. Add this series to my watchlist.

Archie Panjabi

Reactions: Zookster
That article you linked (and poster) is from last year, and the Sept. 17 date is for season 1. According to this article from July 27, 2021, season 2 is due out on the service on August 5.

1627667390045.png

Reactions: Howard Simmons
That article you linked (and poster) is from last year, and the Sept. 17 date is for season 1. According to this article from July 27, 2021, season 2 is due out on the service on August 5.

View attachment 152904
Boy did I blow that one!!!
frustrated horror GIF by Charles Pieper
Sorry. I guess I need to read the article instead of just the headlines. Thank you for correcting me. But I've still put Season 1 on my watchlist.

Reactions: Zookster
So what did you think of it, I read reviews online from somewhere and most said it was lousy 70%, while the other 30% said it was Great.
I really enjoyed it, though not as much as The Capture, another 6-episode Brit show on Peacock. The Rotten Tomatoes critics score is 78%, but the user score is 45%, both based on small sample sizes.

While I wouldn't say Departure was great great, I can't think of any reason someone would find it lousy, unless they were expecting more of an onboard disaster-type situation, like the old Airport movies, and less of a procedural investigation of a crash. The story had lots of interesting twists and kept you guessing as to how the plane crashed (mechanical failure, pilot error, terrorism, conspiracy, etc.). Really good cast to boot.

I really enjoyed it, though not as much as The Capture, another 6-episode Brit show on Peacock. The Rotten Tomatoes critics score is 78%, but the user score is 45%, both based on small sample sizes.

While I wouldn't say Departure was great great, I can't think of any reason someone would find it lousy, unless they were expecting more of an onboard disaster-type situation, like the old Airport movies, and less of a procedural investigation of a crash. The story had lots of interesting twists and kept you guessing as to how the plane crashed (mechanical failure, pilot error, terrorism, conspiracy, etc.). Really good cast to boot.

I just rewatched the trailer and I don't think it would mislead anyone as to what this show is. It's pretty spot on, as a matter of fact.

View: https://youtu.be/RmEMdMnGcm4

Reactions: Jimbo

The people that didn't like it were just really critical of everything... I tend to not critique everything that closely.