What are your favorite tv show intro's / opens / network promos from the past?

Stargazer

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Western WV
I have gotten into looking up old show intro's / opens / promos from 20-40 years ago.

Intro's (aka opens) have been shortened so much over the years and are just not the same as they used to be when they took pride in their intro's.

The network stations used to have slogans each year promoting their networks, movies, new shows coming in the fall.

Ah, shades of 'Stand By Me:'

Have Gun Will Travel reads the card of a man.
A knight without armor in a savage land.

His fast gun for hire head's the calling wind.
A soldier of fotune is the man called Paladin.

Paladin, Paladin
Where do you roam?
Paladin, Paladin,
Far, far from home.

Know all the words to Green Acres, Gilligan's Island, Beverly Hillbillies. Sing them still from time to time.:)

I know the words to only three songs.

Happy Birthday
The Theme from the Beverly Hillbillies
Lydia the Tattooed Lady

I am working on the theme to The Big Bang theory but I keep missing the last line to the first verse.

I know the words to only three songs.

Happy Birthday
The Theme from the Beverly Hillbillies
Lydia the Tattooed Lady

I am working on the theme to The Big Bang theory but I keep missing the last line to the first verse.

Well at least we have two songs in common. I've never heard of Lydia the Tattooed Lady.

I'd never thought of it but the voice was pretty close, Nixon had more stubble in the debate though :D

I had read somewhere that they used to shove things like a carrot up the horses butt to make him grimace and move his lips like that in Mr. Ed. I wonder if they made Nixon talk the same way?:D

I know what that the the lyrics are but for whatever reason I get tongue at that piect.