What brand dish is this?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Today I learned that 30W is just where I thought it was from my location, but one absolutely NEEDS a working LNBF to pull it in. Big thanks to local FTA guy drunk247 for the loaner!

Tomorrow, the FedEx truck should be delivering a SatelliteAV 36" dish with two LNB kit () , which I'm going to install for 123 and 125.

That LNBF setup is for satellites with 4 degrees of separation, don't think it will work on a 2 degree separation (123-125).
Hmmm...well, it's on its way. I suppose I will find out how to fabricate a mount for the 123.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Last edited:
Guys, thanks for the link! I know those birds are slightly closer than 4 degrees apart but I wasn't evidently remembering that when I ordered. Not sure if I want to make a custom width dual lnbf or not. I suppose I could go 121/125 and put up another for 123 too. Hmm...

Latest pictures.

Your second photo, .jpg number ending with 88, shows that the "J" pipe leans towards dish, thus its shorter end is not vertical. Is it just my optical illusion?
For Toronto, the elevation for Hispasat is 20 degree, even less than for Harrisburg, and the dish's bracket allows for such an angle.
It is easier to sweep (pan, or, scan) left to right when the mast is plumb.
Cheers, polgyver

Your second photo, .jpg number ending with 88, shows that the "J" pipe leans towards dish, thus its shorter end is not vertical. Is it just my optical illusion?

Nope, it's not plumb. That's intentional, to clear the down spout. It works anyhow, but I certainly see your point. I tried it at perfectly vertical but had an obstruction.

Here in Ohio Hispasat 30W is just a hair below 20 degrees above the horizon. I used a satellite locating app on my iPhone to see where it is located in order to place my dish in a good spot, and I had to strategically place it so that I can clear the neighbor's house. This is what I'm talking about (see photo)...

I didn't have any problems when I had the dish mounted on the roof. I could even get 15W reliably.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 106
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)