What can I do?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

RGJ4vols

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
I live in Chattanooga area and the CBS station (WDEF) contract goes out on DEC 31st. WDEF is saying its at an impasse. What if anything can I do? My contract ends in February. I love D* but not gonna tolerate this nonsense when I can go to uverse, cable or Dish. Advice is appreciated as I would prefer this gets handled.

I live in Chattanooga area and the CBS station (WDEF) contract goes out on DEC 31st. WDEF is saying its at an impasse. What if anything can I do? My contract ends in February. I love D* but not gonna tolerate this nonsense when I can go to uverse, cable or Dish. Advice is appreciated as I would prefer this gets handled.

Typically these get extended and stay on till an agreement is reached.
You'll see crawls on the screen about it, but normally gets resolved.

Why not get an AM21 and watch it off the Antenna for free ? It will also give you a much better picture quality :)

Directv site

click on equipment and it shows the receivers
there is a tab that says accessories and you can order it there

$50 + tax (no shipping fee...just sales tax)

You had better have an OTA antenna ready. I have a feeling that these retransmission contract disagreements are only going to get worse with all providers not just DIRECTV. The broadcast groups are getting greedier and greedier.

charper1 said:
if you already have a ATSC tuner in your TV you can save the $$$ even tho $50 isnt that much

Good point, but if he has a DVR the AM21 will allow him to record.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)