WHAT CAN I GET WITH A 5 FT OR 6 FT C BAND DISH

Status
Please reply by conversation.

skyscanner4ever

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 6, 2012
Beaumont,Texas
OK I once tried c band on a 4 ft dish and even with a cheap lnb and pulled in some signals off 99 and i believe 97, I want to pull in local cbs and fox channels I have noticed off lyngsat so i can view alot of the nfl games on sunday and maybe even some good c band wild feeds, my question is what kind of reception could I pull with a 5 ft or 6 ft c band dish? I cant get a 10 where i live right now because it has to go on top of my garage that is connected to my bedroom window and i already have a 1.2 ku dish up there and dont want to push my limits too much as i cant put anything out in the yard, so c band on a 5 ft or 6 ft with the microhd? what do you guys think?

cbs and fox on c band for football

I am thinking of getting a small bud, as i cant get a 10 where i am currently at, my question is this, I notice there are alot of fta fox and cbs channels from other cities and was wondering absolutely what is the smallest c band dish i could use to get nfl games and feeds? I heard alot of them are not scrambled, would I have to have a 10 footer or do you think a well aligned 6 footer or even 5 would work? I get the texans and cowboys as well as most saints games here but I would like to get others like the pats,steelers,redskins,ect. I have a geosat microhd which has a great tuner so keep that in mind.

thanks

I merged your posts together as this is the third different post you asked the same thing

I will make it real simple (as I responded already) in regards to feeds
Fox uses their own setup so there are no feeds up there
CBS uses DVB-S2 with a FEC of 9/10 which requires a 8 foot at minimum (usually 10 foot)...anything less wont work. I can't get them on the 6 footer...rumours are they are already testing scrambling them.

There is a Fox affiliate on 99W C-Band based in Puerto Rico which uses a feed from Fox NY. There is a CBS "feed" (the national programming) that is on 95W. Both are SD. Those can be had with a 6 footer

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts