WHAT CAN I GET WITH A 5 FT OR 6 FT C BAND DISH

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

skyscanner4ever

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 6, 2012
Beaumont,Texas
OK I once tried c band on a 4 ft dish and even with a cheap lnb and pulled in some signals off 99 and i believe 97, I want to pull in local cbs and fox channels I have noticed off lyngsat so i can view alot of the nfl games on sunday and maybe even some good c band wild feeds, my question is what kind of reception could I pull with a 5 ft or 6 ft c band dish? I cant get a 10 where i live right now because it has to go on top of my garage that is connected to my bedroom window and i already have a 1.2 ku dish up there and dont want to push my limits too much as i cant put anything out in the yard, so c band on a 5 ft or 6 ft with the microhd? what do you guys think?

cbs and fox on c band for football

I am thinking of getting a small bud, as i cant get a 10 where i am currently at, my question is this, I notice there are alot of fta fox and cbs channels from other cities and was wondering absolutely what is the smallest c band dish i could use to get nfl games and feeds? I heard alot of them are not scrambled, would I have to have a 10 footer or do you think a well aligned 6 footer or even 5 would work? I get the texans and cowboys as well as most saints games here but I would like to get others like the pats,steelers,redskins,ect. I have a geosat microhd which has a great tuner so keep that in mind.

thanks

I merged your posts together as this is the third different post you asked the same thing

I will make it real simple (as I responded already) in regards to feeds
Fox uses their own setup so there are no feeds up there
CBS uses DVB-S2 with a FEC of 9/10 which requires a 8 foot at minimum (usually 10 foot)...anything less wont work. I can't get them on the 6 footer...rumours are they are already testing scrambling them.

There is a Fox affiliate on 99W C-Band based in Puerto Rico which uses a feed from Fox NY. There is a CBS "feed" (the national programming) that is on 95W. Both are SD. Those can be had with a 6 footer

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts