What Can I Pick Up on A Universal LNB?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jsattv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 4, 2006
I've been considering installing a Universal LNB either on my 1 Meter Fortec Dish on the roof, or besides my Corotor II on my Ground Mounted 12 Footer Dish. Can anyone tell me what's out there to receive to make the $22.00 purchase at a local Electronics Dealer worthwhile? Seems to me IceBerg mentioned in a thread a while back that Cuba or CubaVision around 61.0W?? was available on a Universal LNB. Is there anything else out there to Receive?

The only satellites that need a Universal LNB are the Atlantic satellites

58W (IS9 AKA PAS9) has Cubavision and 45W has a channel that needs it

A Universal will get everything a standard LNB does but wont work with analog or 4DTV properly.

I use to have a KU LNB strapped to the side of my KU LNB. I only wanted the Universal for PAS9
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-ai...rd-universal-dbs-one-dish.html?highlight=pas9

The only satellites that need a Universal LNB are the Atlantic satellites

58W (IS9 AKA PAS9) has Cubavision and 45W has a channel that needs it

A Universal will get everything a standard LNB does but wont work with analog or 4DTV properly.

I use to have a KU LNB strapped to the side of my KU LNB. I only wanted the Universal for PAS9
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-ai...rd-universal-dbs-one-dish.html?highlight=pas9

Thanks Iceberg, great pics in your attachment, I like that waterproof cover for your Diseqc switch, it would be very useful up here with all the snow we get, are they easily available anywhere?

Doesn't sound like there is much additional to get with a for the local $22.00 price of a Universal LNB. I can get a lot of channels on a Satellite which is listed on C Band as 57.9W - its called Pas 9 on my Receiver, and there are a lot of international channels on it. Its the most Eastern Satellite I can get.

there is a lot on C-Band...IS9 use to be called PAS9 ;)

The cover I got when I got the DMSI switches...the pro is the cover. The con is the ports seem to blow quicker than the older style ones :(

Sadoun sells them too

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)