What can this LNBF pick up?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pokey31

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 10, 2005
Pickerington, OH
I currently have a winegard 76cm primefocus dish and a pansat 3500 digital reciever, along with a uniden supra analog reciever. My question is, if i buy this lnbf and stick it on my dishnetwork or directv 18" dish (since it looks like a perfect fit), what could i pick up with this lnbf?

asc322_1.jpg

Suitable for existing Analog and Digital systems.

Excellent specs for Analog, MPEG-2, or 4DTV C Band Systems:

* Larger throat Cover Diameter
* Output frequency is 950 to 1450 MHz
* Linear feed for FTA receivers
* 55 dB gain
* Noise figure .5 dB
* RF input 11.7 GHz to 12.2 GHz
* Fits dishes with throat clamps for LNB mount or DSS style dishes with LNB arm

This is NOT for Directv or Dishnet satellite systems, please check our DSS section for DSS equipment.

That is a KU LNB and would be used like the Xtreme LNB you currently have. SInce its a dual you could use 2 recievers on it

thanks iceberg, i guess my next question would be: since it will be going on an 18" dish instead of a 30", do you think i would lose any of my reception of the satellites around sbs-6? I live in Ohio, and i like sbs-6 for the Ohio News Network on dvb, and i like the amount of college football feeds on the analog side.

that dish will be too small. You may get a couple of the really strong feeds near your true south but not much more.

That looks like the ASC322 lnbf. If it is, I have 10 of them on my T90 dish. They work great on the T90, but as Iceberg says, an 18" dish is kind of small for reliable reception of ku linear signals.

Al

Another problem is skew. Since the DirecTV dishes are meant to receive circular polarized signals, there's no need to adjust for skew. For linear Ku satellites, however, you will have to skew either the LNBF (impossible with this setup) or the entire dish itself (only the Phase II and III dishes can do this, not the older single LNBF DirecTV dishes).

Of course, if you're aiming at a satellite near your true south, skew shouldn't be an issue...

For SBS6, you will need a minimum of 30" dish. So your 18" dish is out of the question.

Since you already have a 30" Winegard dish, I recommend that you motorize it. An SG2100 or SM3D22 will do the job.

Check our new deals on HH Motors.

Thanks for the info guys!

Soudon, i purchased the sg2100 dish from you last year. I must say that i love the motorized setup. I recently moved to a new neighborhood, where they have restrictions on dish sizes, etc.... Right now, i've just got my directv dish up, since it fit within the restrictions. I'm going to wait to be here more than 2 months before i break my 30 inch dish out on them. LOL I was looking for a way that i could recieve KU-band from my directv dish, but it appears the technology is not there to do it the way i was hoping to at this point. Maybe one day as technology progresses, maybe we can sit here and talk about recieving cband and kuband signals on an 18" dish. Does anyone know if any of the cband companies are looking into this type of technology, or if the cband industry is stuck with BUD technology?

... I recently moved to a new neighborhood, where they have restrictions on dish sizes, etc.... I'm going to wait to be here more than 2 months before i break my 30 inch dish out on them. LOL

Hey, all it takes is a nice Barbecue backyard party for your neighbors, and you are all set to do whatever you want... :D .

Seriuosly though, there should not be any restrictions on dishes less than 39.3" in diameter.

Thanks for the info guys!

Soudon, i purchased the sg2100 dish from you last year. I must say that i love the motorized setup. I recently moved to a new neighborhood, where they have restrictions on dish sizes, etc.... Right now, i've just got my directv dish up, since it fit within the restrictions. I'm going to wait to be here more than 2 months before i break my 30 inch dish out on them. LOL I was looking for a way that i could recieve KU-band from my directv dish, but it appears the technology is not there to do it the way i was hoping to at this point. Maybe one day as technology progresses, maybe we can sit here and talk about recieving cband and kuband signals on an 18" dish. Does anyone know if any of the cband companies are looking into this type of technology, or if the cband industry is stuck with BUD technology?

An 18inch dish can't deal with the 2 degree spacing.

Break out the 30 inch....the neighborhood can't say a thing. Give them a copy of the OTARD to read.

=Maybe one day as technology progresses, maybe we can sit here and talk about recieving cband and kuband signals on an 18" dish. Does anyone know if any of the cband companies are looking into this type of technology, or if the cband industry is stuck with BUD technology?

The first C-Band dishes were 11 metres (36 feet) in size. We are now using less than 1/6th the original size :)

My understanding is that the C-Band birds are operating at a lower power because they operate on the same set of frequencies as the microwave relay towers. If they cranked up the power, they'd be interfering with the land-based relay system. I really can't see C-Band being received on an 18" dish at any point in the next 20 years, but I'd like to be proved wrong :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)