what can you get on small dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

queeny

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 8, 2009
south carolina
due to econamy my son ish turning off dishnetwork I bought new receiver if he were to use dish and i give him my old receiver is there much he could get with the small dish

depending on what satellite(s) you dish is pointed at (I will assume 110W and 119W) you will get NASA TV, ION, and barker channels (Dish network info channels)
Other then that, not much else.. Again, assuming what I stated before, the type of LNB(s) you have on your dish are not compatible with any other satellites except for the the dish network satellites (Echostar) and Bell TV (Nimiq). You would need a bigger dish and a Linear LNB for the other satellites like the Galaxy satellites or AMC Satellites. The LNB(s) you have are circular

Now... I am new to this FTA hobby so hopefully someone can clarify this so I am not giving you the the wrong info

due to econamy my son ish turning off dishnetwork I bought new receiver if he were to use dish and i give him my old receiver is there much he could get with the small dish

On 119W ....ION, NASA and Angel One are in the clear. If you change the LNB to a linear one, you can get 3ABN on 101W with that small dish. I am talking a 18" Dish here...BTW. Also 95W, 72W and 123W might be possible.

if you have not looked into over the air tv check out tvfool.com.
I have made some antennas using coat hangers, wood, and foil for cheap.

A add on craig's list for dishs may yeald some. Also freecycle may get some too.

Good luck and keep us posted.

-----------------
sent from a ipaq

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)