What codecs are you using?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

SatinKzo

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 22, 2004
Louisiana
Been about a week with my Skywalker-1 and I've been playing with TSreader, dvbdream.

I am curious what codecs you guys are using for MPeg2/mpeg4 and any audio.

Havine some issues with codecs working in dvbdream or just not showing up after I install them. Other than that, it's going pretty smooth in the little time I have gotten to play..

Also, has anyone locked a DCII channel with the skywalker?

I've been using Purevideo codecs here for quite a while, I've tried most of them but keep coming back. I use Radlite Filter Manager, its an easy way for me to see how many codecs I have loaded, you can reggister/unregister them from within the program.
I'm curious how you like the Skywalker? I am thinking of buying one. Have you tried it with a motor?, I noticed in your sig line you have a SG-2100. Can you share any pros or cons you've found so far with the Skywalker?

Right now I just have it on my test system which uses a stab motor and is slaved off my traxis receiver (which is doing motor control).

I still have to run a new coax line to the computer area and get things hooked up instead of laying across the floor to the PC. :)

Thanks for the info on the codecs and codec manger.

Right now I just have it on my test system which uses a stab motor and is slaved off my traxis receiver (which is doing motor control).

I still have to run a new coax line to the computer area and get things hooked up instead of laying across the floor to the PC. :)

Thanks for the info on the codecs and codec manger.

I use PowerDVD codec for MPEG4 and the Purevideo for MPEG2.

As for DC II, yes, I've locked the Starchoice feeds but it's all encrypted.

PowerDVD, I tried that but can't get it to show as an option in dvbdream. I can only see coreavc.

DCII stuff, I was just curious if anyone actually tried it and had success. I haven't had much luck locking on to anything even. Not that it's really a big priority.

PowerDVD, I tried that but can't get it to show as an option in dvbdream. I can only see coreavc.

DCII stuff, I was just curious if anyone actually tried it and had success. I haven't had much luck locking on to anything even. Not that it's really a big priority.

You'll have to manually add it. But I had never had any luck at all with MPEG4 in Dvbdream. I use TSReader w/MPC for MPEG4. MPC works fine with the PowerDVD codec.

How are you using MPC with tsreader? I guess I am missing something. I can't get that combo to work. Probably something fairly obivious and if I had more than 30 minutes at a time to play I probably would figure it out.

As for DVBdream, it works fairly nice IMO except for the mpeg4 codecs, but if I have to manully add them (I thought I did, but maybe I am imagining it) then that is my issue.

How are you using MPC with tsreader? I guess I am missing something. I can't get that combo to work. Probably something fairly obivious and if I had more than 30 minutes at a time to play I probably would figure it out.

As for DVBdream, it works fairly nice IMO except for the mpeg4 codecs, but if I have to manully add them (I thought I did, but maybe I am imagining it) then that is my issue.

I'd say don't waste your time on the MPEG4 codecs in DVBDream.

As for MPC in TSReader. Just change the path for VLC to the MPC executable. Yes, it's that simple. ;)

see, it's too easy! I was thinking of something more complex. Thanks!

SatinKzo,
Here's where things get complicated! I use MyTheater and use ONLY the PowerDVD video codec and the Intervideo for audio.
It's a case of less being better.

I played with mytheatre, I wasn't happy with it, just personal taste more than anything. At least though they give you a decent demo to play with.

Again I think alot has to do with my limited time so far. Last week was hectic and of course I got a new toy so I really wanted to play, but never really had the time.

Just wanted to say thanks for the info/help today. Got MPC and TSreader all going strong now.

I gotta say, TSreader is a WEALTH of info.

SatinKzo,
Here's where things get complicated! I use MyTheater and use ONLY the PowerDVD video codec and the Intervideo for audio.
It's a case of less being better.

Janzy I'm assuming you are only able to tune mpeg2 with this setup? Am I missing something since I don't see any mpeg4 support or MT yet.

I gave MT another spin last night and was a bit more successfull then last time with setup and controls, but I think I am losing too much signal or something by slaving off my traxis. Seems like I have many marginal channels.

but I think I am losing too much signal or something by slaving off my traxis. Seems like I have many marginal channels.

I don't think you lose very much slaving a receiver, I have actually been able to pick up some channels with my PC tuner slaved to my Pansat 3500 that were borderline that the Pansat 3500 (Master) would not pick up.

The Twinhan could have a better sensitivity than the Pansat, I have not checked the specifications, but I though it might be useful to know.

Also this thread is very useful, I have a older CD with PowerDVD and I have to try that later.

Just wanted to say thanks for the info/help today. Got MPC and TSreader all going strong now.

I gotta say, TSreader is a WEALTH of info.

It definitely answers those questions... how come I can view this? how come this TP has signal but no channels scan in? what PID numbers do I put on the manual entry?

DCII stuff, I was just curious if anyone actually tried it and had success. I haven't had much luck locking on to anything even.

You will sometimes find a channel in the clear on HITS. A few years ago AMC was in the clear and I recorded a few of the Tarzan movies. I liked the introduction to the moves in Radio City Music Hall and the interesting trivia they had about the movies. Now at the time I received these with my StarChoice 921 box and not a PC card. The problem as I see it (may be totally wrong though) is that you need some type of autorization to see even the clear stuff. i.e. a subed StarChoice box would pickup the clear HITS stuff, but not a non-subed box. I'm sure others here can explain it better than this.

You will sometimes find a channel in the clear on HITS. A few years ago AMC was in the clear and I recorded a few of the Tarzan movies. I liked the introduction to the moves in Radio City Music Hall and the interesting trivia they had about the movies. Now at the time I received these with my StarChoice 921 box and not a PC card. The problem as I see it (may be totally wrong though) is that you need some type of autorization to see even the clear stuff. i.e. a subed StarChoice box would pickup the clear HITS stuff, but not a non-subed box. I'm sure others here can explain it better than this.

You're talking about Fixed Key mode I believe which is still encrypted but all normal sub boxes can get it. These will still show up as a "red bar" in TSReader for USB DVB box folks.

Genpix will do mpeg4.
The problem is in finding the correct codec.
Right now mpeg4 is choppy on the higher resolution channels and great on the lower resolution ones.

Janzy,

What I am asking is what did you do to MyTheatre for mpeg4. I can't even find it on the website that many if any get proper mpeg4 playback.

I get great mpeg4 playback with tsreader/mpc and now with dvbdream.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)