What did I find?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

19psi

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 8, 2010
Northern Indiana
Last night I was doing some random searching and blind scanning towards the west. I locked in Satmex6, added it to my list and continued bumping to the west.
After a while I ended up finding a satellite that has local stations. Not just a single network throwing out a random feed either. Without getting too specific they are all from one area and it happens to be local to me. I get many of the stations on my OTA antenna and as an added bonus I get quite a few more that are just out of reach.
I thought I was on Galaxy 18 at 123W but after playing around more I found that satellite with the Veteran Networks so this one is a bit further east of 123. Of course scrambled echo* is all over in this area too but my stb labels them as so. These just have a generic number and there is no forgiveness, one click to the east or west and they are gone. :confused:

but his signature shows KU only so that cant be right...but if he has C-Band then yes that would be right that he got the Fusion mux

That might have been 105W, I posted about last week or so, found 6-8 channels running there one night, but they didn't stay on long. Could've popped back up again briefly, they weren't there when I scanned it last night, around 6pm.

I'm only KU and it's definitely close to 123.

At first I thought these were strictly locals 60 miles north of me but half (I think 11 or 12 total) are 70 miles south of me too.

Am I allowed to post TPs on this or should I private message them?

yes a linear lnbf will sometimes pick up a circular signal, especially if its a strong one like an echostar bird. It might've been on 121W, they used to have some feeds on that one. I hardly ever scan it so I really don't know.

I tried scanning 119 and 121 last night and only came up with a few scrambled channels on KU linear. Even the old DN121 marker channel is now scrambled.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)