What dish would you reconmend?

SkySurfer80

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
I am upgrading my 76cm motorized setup. I have a dms international sg6100 motor and it moves the 76cm super fast! I love the motor except it tends to go too far by about .5 degree at times on this dish.

I am looking at getting a 39" dish that measures 39X36 off the Electorica site. They sale it with a sg2100 on the site so I assume the 6100 will move it well. The other dish I am looking at is a multicom 1 meter dish that looks to measure around 40X39 but I cant tell if that particular dish will mount on the motor. My other option is the geosat 36" but it looks like it is only 34" accross so kinda small.

What do you guys think of the mentioned dishes? I am trying to get something for around $100-$110 with shipping but as much size as I can get with this motor.

I think you can still get the GeoSatPro .90 off of Ebay for about 100.00 delivered. I have one but my .76 outperforms it...However to be fair, I believe that the .90 is warped or the parabola is not right with it. I know that others on the forum have the GeoSatPro and swear by them -

Reactions: comfortably_numb
I ordered the 39" from Electoria. They sale it with a motech sg2100 so I figure my sg6100 should push it. I think the dish is closer to a 95cm since it is 39x36. I read that the geosat is actually only 34" wide. I figure the 39x36 will be better gain than the geosat. In fact that is close to 1 meter.

I ordered the 39" from Electoria. They sale it with a motech sg2100 so I figure my sg6100 should push it. I think the dish is closer to a 95cm since it is 39x36. I read that the geosat is actually only 34" wide. I figure the 39x36 will be better gain than the geosat. In fact that is close to 1 meter.

Let us know how it works

Well though I dont need it I cant really lock in the new york lotto feed on 87*. It comes and goes, though I am hitting florida lottery at a good pct, I am also not getting reception of the 89* sat. I tuned in the ASL channels but it is very hit and miss and they are now not even there. However I can hit 53* at a high pct and the pbs feeds on125 at 60 pct now so I am looking forward to see what kinda feeds I will hit when I set up my 39" dish. I feel going from a 31 inch to a 39 inch I should get at least twice the feeds and over 10 pct more quality on all tps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)