What do I do with my VOOM receiver?

freezetime

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 1, 2005
Huntington Beach, CA
No one has picked it up yet and the VOOM dish still sits on the roof. They said last month they would come pick it up but I have heard nothing from them since. Anyone know what's going on?

Sean Mota said:
Regardless you should wait for some form of letter that states what to do with the equipment.

I know that I need to wait but I really wish just ONCE the CSR knew what they were talking about. Telling me on or about May 1st the guy would come to pick up my receiver which never happened. I gues I will just wait for a phone call or letter. The receiver is useless to me.

FredOh said:
It still works as an OTA receiver which is keeping me in HD till I sign up with DIsh.

What do you mean OTA receiver?? I can't do anything with VOOM. Not even change channels. I can turn it on but that's it.

sounds like they deactivated your receiver... Had you stayed until the end, it would still work as an OTA reciever. Since you left early, they disabled your STB...

Mitch

mitch672 said:
sounds like they deactivated your receiver... Had you stayed until the end, it would still work as an OTA reciever. Since you left early, they disabled your STB...

Mitch

I wanted to stay until the end, I really did but I could not afford to. I had cable installed and could not afford both VOOM and cable. Since VOOM refused to broadcast Fox Sports West and since I heard about them canceling service, I decided it was best to leave this whole mess behind me.
I miss VOOM's HD programming but am glad to have certain cable channels, like FSW, back again. It was almost like waking up from a dream and saying, "Hey, where did all my HD channels go?" "I guess I never had them in the first place."

I will always have the memories of VOOM but looking at my receiver everyday is getting on my nerves. I am hiding it away lol. :D

I put mine in the bedroom with ye ole analog tv (since my big screen Mits has an integrated tuner). I get a much improved picture over the regular analog channels that are available in digital, not to mention Doplar Radar on a couple of sub-channels (from different city's) that aren't available for analog.

Edit: Not to mention a couple of channels split 4 ways (such as Pax including the local along with the west coast feed along with a couple of Religiuos channels and also TBN with the Church Channel and JCTV and Enlace) which would only be Pax local and TBN on the analog channels respectively.

I quit before the very end, but I had disconnected the stb's before I called Voom to cancel....so they never hit my boxes.....I tried one on 3rd tv just for local digital channels and IT WORKS SO FAR! Sure hope there isn't a time bomb in it! Also hope they abandon them.....

A final letter should be on its way to Voomers.....

My dad talked with a CSR a week ago and she said that a letter should be coming around stating what to do with the receivers as well as some other issues in the week or weeks following the shutdown of Voom. She also talked like the CSRs at Voom would be there until the end of the month to help former customers with any problems in regards to what is contained in the letter. I'm hoping for some good news, but I'm thinking that it will be 99.9% more likely that they'll be notifying us of a procedure that they will be going through to get back the receivers. It'll probably be something like sending us empty shipping boxes as others on this forum has speculated to ship the receivers back in. I'm enjoying my two receivers ever since shutdown with the use of the OTA channels. If they take these back, it'll be awhile before I can see Conan or Jay Leno in HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)