What do you guys think about Direct HD Expansion

Status
Please reply by conversation.
the only waste of bandwidth and money on DirecTV is PPV. everything else is relevant but PPV is garbage and anyone that buys it needs their meds upped. each PPV channel takes the same amount of bandwidth as any other HD channel, whether its basic, sports, premiums... they need to all be deleted now and moved exclusively to on demand. 2 ppv movies could buy a month of HBO and Showtime.

Tomcat agreed that the original Series are the only reason to watch HBO/Showtime.

I was a huge fan of the Larry Sanders Show among others.

Still just far too many other avenues to make those Channels being added in HD, worthwhile IMO.

so what if theres repeats. are we all supposed to sit there and watch them at the same time as you so u dont have to watch repeats?
Tom couldnt that argument be used as to why there are so many PPV channels showing the same movie all day, yet starting at different times?

ever watched Real Time with Bill Maher? its like politically incorrect but live, uncensored and commercial free. how bout Dexter, or united States of Tara, or Weeds, or Californication, or True Blood, or The Tudors. all award caliber shows. they show them over because not everyone has a DVR, and to avoid overlap conflicts with people that do who tape too much as it is, like me.

Tom couldnt that argument be used as to why there are so many PPV channels showing the same movie all day, yet starting at different times?

when one downloads a PPV movie on demand, they can watch it whenever they like. total waste of bandwidth to show it 20 times a day on 20 channels each. same fee, same movie, no bandwidth wasted.

ever watched Real Time with Bill Maher? its like politically incorrect but live, uncensored and commercial free. how bout Dexter, or united States of Tara, or Weeds, or Californication, or True Blood, or The Tudors. all award caliber shows.
So we agree that the world revolves around the BASIC subscriber. Good now we can talk about how bad Californication is.

Tom once your promotional discount is up I imagine you'll want to stay with only the starz and showtime packages. the HBO and especially the cinemax packages for direct are very poor for people who are only interested in the HD premiums.

Tom once your promotional discount is up I imagine you'll want to stay with only the starz and showtime packages. the HBO and especially the cinemax packages for direct are very poor for people who are only interested in the HD premiums.

not true, the main max is all HD all the time. HBO has alot of good movies in HD too. i have them all and im keeping them for good.

when one downloads a PPV movie on demand, they can watch it whenever they like. total waste of bandwidth to show it 20 times a day on 20 channels each. same fee, same movie, no bandwidth wasted.

I agree but are you sure there are no time limits for ondemand like the 24hr period on PPV's?

not true, the main max is all HD all the time. HBO has alot of good movies in HD too. i have them all and im keeping them for good.

yes but isn't max HD only 3 channels right now? $12 is a lot IMO for 3 channels no?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts