What do you think DISH will anounce today?!

Come on Sydney for a remote control? They are really taking the Australian thing a little far here. So I guess the big announcement will be the new 4k Hopper to go with the already announced 4k Joey. They can call it the" Waltzing Matilda" and keep the Australian theme going.:oldwink

Last edited:
I like the name change from NuTv. But the line-up is pretty sparse for $20, unless ESPN is that important to a person.

Reactions: TheKrell
Here is the remote... (I downloaded it from the Google Cache this morning.)

Attachments

• Sydney_Remote_Feature_Sheet.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 224
Still taking me to a blank screen. Gues I have to wait Til I get home from registration office to see it. Lol damn IOS and Safari.

HPYw8zX.png

So DISH will kick off CES in about 4 hours with their press event...

They have been known over the past few years as surprising people with some big equipment announcements. So what do you think they will announce today?

Get your guesses in now before the show starts and lets see who is right. Remember this is about technology not programming (or missing programming) so please keep it on topic. :D

Have FUN! :)
Free ice cream with every screen-cleaning kit.

Very interesting to see TBS and TNT listed as channels in that knowing that Dish still has to work on a deal with Turner. Doesn't this extension expire in March or has a long term deal been reached and I missed the news?
TBS/TNT and Dish likely have separate agreements for the streaming service and satellite-TV service.

So this means 4k isn't possible with the current boxes then. Good thing I'm waiting on all these upgrades.
Only the box connected to the TV will have to change; the Hopper effectively provides only storage and delivery elements that are resolution agnostic. We knew that the Hopper or any of the ViP series wasn't UHD capable based on the chipsets that were used. The same is true of the current crop of DIRECTV and most if not all of cable company boxes.

My concern is that the PIP feature will force you to dedicate both of a Hopper's Joey slots to the 4K Joey.

Reactions: TheKrell
Ack! No TCM or NBCSN (or Fox News! ;)) on Sling... yet. Otherwise, the base package and the news package (to get Cooking and DIY) could work.

So you lack long-term DVR control, short of a third party solution being developed. I baselessly assume it'll be available on my Samsung because Dish World is already available. So much EHD content to consider and I would lose the two main driving channels, TCM and NBCSN. But I could get Dish World sports for some form of football, and at a 50 to 60 a month savings, we'd live without TCM.

The biggest loss is the DVR in general and for OTA ("no DVR is needed"? are they nuts?!). I would also be concerned about long term stability of channel availability for Sling TV. Any word on a deal with Universal/Comcast to add channels?

I wonder if Dish how many people who get this new Joey will also want the Hopper moved so that the 4K Joey can be connected to the "main" TV (presuming the 4K TV is most people's primary one).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)