What does an AT&T fiber install require?

Well since the thread is resurrected I'll post an update.

I now have the upgraded current AT&T gateway (BGW320-500) which has a fiber SFP+ module for a direct connection (no ONT) AND one of it's 4 Ethernet ports is a 5gbps port!

ezgif.com-webp-to-png.png

There is no "box" of any kind outside. The fiber runs direct from the pole to the house (aerial) and though a exterior wall to a SC-APC wall jack. Then there is a SC-APC to SC-APC fiber cable running from the wall jack to the gateway.
What will the 5 GB is going to be use for?

Well since the thread is resurrected I'll post an update.

I now have the upgraded current AT&T gateway (BGW320-500) which has a fiber SFP+ module for a direct connection (no ONT) AND one of it's 4 Ethernet ports is a 5gbps port!

ezgif.com-webp-to-png.png

There is no "box" of any kind outside. The fiber runs direct from the pole to the house (aerial) and though a exterior wall to a SC-APC wall jack. Then there is a SC-APC to SC-APC fiber cable running from the wall jack to the gateway.
Will that support the faster 2/5 gig speeds ?

AT&T also offers faster than 1 Gbps speeds. Their 1 Gbps plan is actually over provisioned by 25%. It's not 1 / 1 Gbps; it's 1.25 / 1.25 Gbps. The new 2 Gbps and 5 Gbps speed tiers that they're testing in Raleigh right now will likely be the same so you'll actually see 2.5 Gbps / 2.5 Gbps & 5 / 5 Gbps with that 5 GbE port.

I have the BGW320-505 too and with that 5 Gbps port connected to a 10 Gbps switch; my server/desktop all have 10 Gbps ports so I currently get 1250 / 1250 Mbps speeds from AT&T and I'm only on the 1 Gbps plan.

Reactions: TheTechGuru
All of them. But I understand DBStalk is changing software soon so that one may be a moot point. I only use it for here and AVSforum. And its rare I go to AVS anymore.
Does a taptalk "VIP" subscription stop those old notifications?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)