Original poster
Sep 5, 2005
Does it fix the lockups?
Does it fix the Constant HD running?
Does it include NBR?
Does it fix missing timers?
Will it let you turn off VOD?

Does anyone have this yet? its listed as being released 08-04-06

I hope it does all of the above. I'm losing sleep because of the HD running and runnning all night long, every night. It looks like I'm going to have to rewire my house, so I can hide this thing in the closet or something.

And no its not louder than any other 508 I've seen. I can just hear things like that really well.

Last edited:
L3.60 is for the 622. My 5XX has p3.60. I noticed that since the update when I turn on the receiver and push the info button it shows "info not available". But when I hit the guide the schedule is there and when I hit the info button it shows the program info. Weird.....

Scott

I have that no info problem since 309. The more annoying is the constant hd running, and missing timers, both started same problem at the same time. Its like its priority about downloading stupid VOD movies is more than some shows I want to watch. I'm on the verge of calling dish and DEMNADING that VOD be turned off. I own the recievers and I don't want the Hard Drives worn out doing something I don't want.

Yeah I had that problem since 3.09, too. I have a 501. Don't think they're putting VOD on it. It'll be gone within the month anyways.

S~

Both of mine have updated, and both recorded a show last night, without locking up during or after. And they didn't miss the record event. So far so good.

Figured they would have actually had more in this update, considering the number jump. Oh, and the promised NBR by the end of July? !protest

I finally got around to looking at the problems with my 508 and 510 and my remote's macros. The macros had a couple "select" commands to get past the screen saver "press select to continue". The screen saver appears to be gone or turned off now since the P3.60 upgrade. I modified my macro strings and added a couple discrete on commands in their place. That fixed the problem. No more nagging wife and babysitter "I can't get the box to turn on". I don't ever use them other than for kid shows. I watch my 942 98% of the time so I didn't notice even though the update was earlier this month.

Was this part of the update?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts