What does Voom Need to do Most to Attract New Customers?

I'll look closer at the next ad I see, but I'm not sure (even though they mention SD) they make it clear that you can watch the service on any TV.

On the other hand- there are those who think they are already getting HD because they have digital cable. The standard (non-HD) boxes.

deeann said:
On the other hand- there are those who think they are already getting HD because they have digital cable. The standard (non-HD) boxes.

Agreed.

I also think that once HD TV reaches critical mass there will be a lot of people not only screaming for more HD Content, but also screaming loudly about PQ. If D*, E*, and cable don't make improvements, then whoever has the best picture quality will have potential to make a good dent in the market.

So far the results of the poll are about what I expected. Better marketing, more HD, and RSN are the top 3.

I do find it interesting that so far number 4 is self install kits. While I do see the need, my guess is that the average household won't be swayed by this. But it would seem to be one of the simplest, least expensive things to implement.

hello i beleive what voom needs the most is marketing they seriasly need to fire those people they need to advetise more and they dont need huge contracts to do so just get the word out i live in the northwest and i have only seen a voom comersial acople times and it looked very cheasy it looked like one of those as seen on tv comersials it was on late at night and didnt really look trust worthy and i think it was on for about two hours
they get much better results if they just did a quick comersial and just played it every now and then just advertise the chanels and the price thats all what most people care about really

aboali said:
hello i beleive what voom needs the most is marketing they seriasly need to fire those people they need to advetise more and they dont need huge contracts to do so just get the word out i live in the northwest and i have only seen a voom comersial acople times and it looked very cheasy it looked like one of those as seen on tv comersials it was on late at night and didnt really look trust worthy and i think it was on for about two hours
they get much better results if they just did a quick comersial and just played it every now and then just advertise the chanels and the price thats all what most people care about really

This guy should go over the proofs for the print ads :)

VOOM definitely need to market themselves as a competitor to satellite and cable companies, not the HD leader. I really didn't think of VOOM as an option until I purchased my HD tv as I always assocaited them as HD only. I am still with D* and am awaiting the DVR situation to playout before I decide on a go forward company.

Walter L. said:
Amen brother! I have been starstruck with VOOM since I got it in November of last year but I, and my wife, have really, really started to miss a DVR like we had with E*. I'll give it a little longer but I don't want to invest in a TIVO and don't really want to leave VOOM so PLEEEEEZE roll out the DVR ASAP!
headache.gif

I think the locals are key to new people coming over from *D or *E. Chances are they had locals as part of their subscription. I think that will be a big factor because the first thing they will want to watch will be their favorite network programs. ( I know VOOM does the installation but in many cases they are too far away to get more than 1 channel)

Tip for Vurbano: Re: looking for "babes in bikinis" try checking out ULTRA when they go to RIO or MONACO for a show or RUSH when there is surfing on. ULTRA is more than just fashion shows; whooops, now the secret is out.

VOOM's not getting Network channels is the number one reason why the installer here gets fewer VOOM subs than either Direct or Dish. He said people come in to his store, they look at the quality of the picture that VOOM has plus the sheer number of HD stations, they say wow.... Hook me up, er, but what about network channels again? And when the installer tells them VOOM doesn't have any, the potential customer immediately orders either Dish or Direct. He says this happens nearly every day.

VOOM's HD content plus the networks would immediately boost subscriptions. As for me, I am going to order VOOM and not wait. But I am also going to keep Direct for my wife's sake, because of the networks it offers. The reason that I'm subscribing to VOOM now is not because of the quality of the HD VOOM originals. They have a was to go to dramatically improve on those channels. Rather, I'm subscribing because, I want VOOM to see it's vision fulfilled. I like to see people with vision succeed in this HD industry. And to me, VOOM has the best vision!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)