What happened to 8PSK module thread??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

B.J.

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 15, 2008
Western Maine
I see that the 8PSK module thread that was here yesterday is now gone. I can guess what happened, ie that some post must have discussed something not permitted in public sections, but I'm curious why, the whole thread was removed, as I think it was getting close to being useful.
Anyway, just curious why it was removed, and why the whole thread?

The thread was getting extremely useful for most FTA fans in this transitional period from DVB-S to DVB-S2 broadcast standard and equipment. There was nothing in it about stealing subscription signals or any other things prohibited by the forum rules. The 8psk topic is NOT Dish Network related, and Dish Network is not associated with it in any way, being just one of many sat broadcasters using a variant of 8psk modulation. This kind of forum sensorship is absurd, trying to idolize DN or any technology it happen to use to broadcast signals as something ever prohibited to discuss. Which is not. What is prohibited - stealing the signal, nothing else.

Please un-hide the thread, so forum participants can learn more about the 8psk and DVB-S2 standard (again, not related to DN in any way), be certain the forum moderation is reasonable, done by the rules, and its decisions are not dependent on a single party sponsorship of the site. It would help to maintain this site reputation among FTA fans to be objective independent info source.

Last edited:
I happen to have been paying enough attention that I think I know what happened. The 8PSK thread was started by a (former) member named schmidtty, who, in a different thread, seems to have outed himself as an undesirable. So it then seems all threads a banned user starts are removed by default. I wanted to offer this, as the speculation that something said inside the 8PSK thread causing the deletion seems a little off the mark. At least, consider the possibility until Ice or another staff member with the real information gets a chance to clarify things.

I think USDownlink might have something there.

I do not know the thread in question, but assume that is what happened.

I will check with Iceberg and see if its possible to put up the legit information that was in the thread without the hack talk. :)

BTW because a few of you PMed and asked no it was removed because our sposors asked us to since they dont sell 8PSK / S2 receivers. We dont do that thing here.

Hell I just purchased an AZbox myself and got it from a non sponsor just because none of our sponsor had this product for sale. :) (And now I can't wait to get it!) :D

Put the black helicoptors away folks. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts