What happened to AI?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Now this is annoying. When I go to G1 to update my guide X4 disappears, then when I'm back on W5 X4 reappears.

Now this is annoying. When I go to G1 to update my guide X4 disappears, then when I'm back on W5 X4 reappears.

Two sets of channel maps. HITS always was different on and off then the other places to get maps. When Motorola did a database clean up a couple years back. I used to go to to W5 and get the MTV master suite mapped back in. Then go to G1 and they were gone. Look at your channel count. I bet it changes on W5 and G1.

I'm staying out of the loop with my receiver till stability sets in which may take a while. What I have in my 4D now is needed for my continued use as a hobbyist receiver.

Ya, X4 is on C, seems the exact same as AI, DMX and all. Just rebooted my 905 and it picked up X4 too. Even after a reboot I can't get the unusable AI to go away on my 922. Should I master reset it while I still can and before my sub expires Monday?

Then X4 is probably going to be the new designator for the new HITS. It's up to you if you want to do a MR. That would do a clear, if your going to do it do it now then hit yourself. As far as I know the generics can still get got on G1. Now if you want to experiment do a MR on W5 and see what it loads it may answer all our questions. If W5 loads the generics and other 4D current tiles that is the mapping that probably going to be in place next year. If I would have to guess, I say testing is going on behind the scenes that they don't want us to know about, we'll maybe not yet.

The worst that can happen from the test is it won't load all the satellite tiles. Then you can go to G1 and add them or do another MR on G1 and be back to where G1 is still at. Do you feel up to testing and report back, or anyone else?

Then X4 is probably going to be the new designator for the new HITS. It's up to you if you want to do a MR. That would do a clear, if your going to do it do it now then hit yourself. As far as I know the generics can still get got on G1. Now if you want to experiment do a MR on W5 and see what it loads it may answer all our questions. If W5 loads the generics and other 4D current tiles that is the mapping that probably going to be in place next year. If I would have to guess, I say testing is going on behind the scenes that they don't want us to know about, we'll maybe not yet.

The worst that can happen from the test is it won't load all the satellite tiles. Then you can go to G1 and add them or do another MR on G1 and be back to where G1 is still at. Do you feel up to testing and report back, or anyone else?

OK. Just did a Master Reset on W5 with my 905 and first, I could not get it to load any maps without first sending a hit to it (but I didn't wait very long). EMM Stream did keep saying No until a hit was sent.

Here are the C Band tiles broadcasted on W5 + the built in tiles. DON'T SEE ANY GENERICS!!!

30usgmb.jpg

Funny, W5 is not even broadcasted on W5.

If this is the data that they will use next year this is not good. Oh well guess I won't be subbing my 922 unless this changes. I guess Comcast don't get it, we want our 4DTV's to do what we payed for not a glorified cable box. If I want Comcast cable I'll hook a wire in the alley behind my house and pay them $135.00 a month.

It looks like the stock tiles plus X4 for HITS. Nope, not happening, not making a glorified cable box out of my 922. Many won't be happy I'm sure. :(

Last edited:
OK. Just did a Master Reset on W5 with my 905 and first, I could not get it to load any maps without first sending a hit to it (but I didn't wait very long). EMM Stream did keep saying No until a hit was sent.

Here are the C Band tiles broadcasted on W5 + the built in tiles. DON'T SEE ANY GENERICS!!!

30usgmb.jpg

Funny, W5 is not even broadcasted on W5.

Do you have G9 118,120 in your channel map?

Hey Techguru what was the channel count after doing the W5 MR? I still wonder if we can get authorized for HITS without the MR. I think if you just sit on W5 you will add the new X4 tile to the current Motorola maps. Best to remove AI from the used tiles before you go to get the new X4 maps. Then have SRL HIT your box. You should in theory be able to have the best of both worlds. If Comcast Motorola really wanted to play nice with us they would offer a Motorola Channel map download someplace for us after 1/4. If there is no other answer we will need to get inside these lousy stupid DC-2 hammer boxes and open up maps ourselves one way or another.

We were filpping around from sat to sat and we noticed X4 was moving from just before W5 then to G4 and now after W5, go figure

We were filpping around from sat to sat and we noticed X4 was moving from just before W5 then to G4 and now after W5, go figure

I saw that too. Here is what is going on when you see X4 back next to G4 you loaded Motorola's old X4 Ku map on the channel you were on. When you go to W5 it loads the new C band HITS map. The new map is only on W5 everyplace else will give you Motorola's map. Not that weird if you think about it and uncover the mystery :)

We are far from being EE's but I believe what you are saying is that they have figured out how to totally separate themselves from MOTO, Is this correct? This way when MOTO shuts down, they rule the SAT world

There are two ACC's (access control center) The Motorola center and the Comcast HITS center. Motorola controls all the current 4DTV subscriptions including the ones on W5 for us. The thing is W5 is split, there is also the HITS data stream for cable companies and the 410's. When Motorola pulls the plug on 1/4/2011 at midnight for us there will be only one ACC to control HITS. That is the one that the 4DTV will use after the conversion. Motorola will only be used for the commercial data stream after that point.

Motorola does not control the satellite world they only authorize DC-2 there is another big encryption method used by cable operators called PowerVu by Scientific Atlanta. They never had a consumer authorization center, only commercial. At least 50% of the channels cable uses are in PowerVu.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts