What happened to dbsforums?

I have offered to host that site on our servers here for FREE a few times, but they never have taken me up on the offer.

When the site goes down its usually down for days or weeks.

Its not a nice way that they run what I consider the grand daddy of satellite forums. Without DBS Forums there would not be a SatelliteGuys today.
I wish they would take you up on your offer.

Based on the fact that the server is at someones house, where the person in control of it, is out of town all the time I agree that someone else should host the site. They should really take you up on your offer at this point. It would be better than having the site down for long periods of time.

Last edited:
Still down... I reckon it's for good this time :-(

I was a member of DBS Forums (and it's earlier incarnation of dbsdish.com waaaay back in 1998-99ish)... it sucks to see it go out like this--they just finished a redesign and an upgrade the last time it went down. They don't even have a page up explaining what has happened if in fact it is gone for good.

If they have an offer for free hosting, they should take it up!

I reckon it's time I finally start posting over here more often ;-)

--Nat

If it does return, it won't be like it was because many of those who were posting their are probably going to choose to post where they are posting now because the other sites are up and not down most of the time. A site that dies like this twice in a year is going to have a difficult time getting what it had back. Acutally I think the posts are distributed better this way anyway. I agree, if it is gone, that it's not right that it went out this way. At least one offer is on the table now and it's from the host of this site. The site would be worth saving, if nothing else for the material archived on it.
Still down... I reckon it's for good this time :-(

I was a member of DBS Forums (and it's earlier incarnation of dbsdish.com waaaay back in 1998-99ish)... it sucks to see it go out like this--they just finished a redesign and an upgrade the last time it went down. They don't even have a page up explaining what has happened if in fact it is gone for good.

If they have an offer for free hosting, they should take it up!

I reckon it's time I finally start posting over here more often ;-)

--Nat

Still unfortunately no updates to report. And the site is still down. I was hoping Bill R would chime in and let us know the status.

I have a bad feeling that it's not coming back.

SabresRule from DBSForums.

I'm also upset as well.

It went out just before the Elite 8; I never got to interact with any of those guys during the Final 4 or the remainder of the NBA and NHL seasons and start of the MLB season.

If BillDel's listening, I had a million jokes for that Heat/Celtics game from a while back.

Glad to have you all aboard here at SatelliteGuys. However I hate to see such a good
site disappear. Maybe we will here something in a few days.

Hi Guys!

KCK_HALO from DBS here. Just found you guys here. Sure do miss the Forums. I miss MikeI's daily MLB DTV listings the most. Any idea where I can can find them now or something similar?

I am LOST without them!!!!:eek::(

Be well, guys!

I tried to get him to post them in one thread and he balked and quit posting them all together. So I don't know where he is now.

Even though I do miss some of the people from DBSForums (anders), I have been lucky to make some new online buddies (HD MM, Jimbo, that guy with the Red Wings avatar, salsadancer) and meet some old friends (Sandra).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts