What happened to "My Contracts" under "My Account"?

empiretc

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 4, 2008
It used to be there. Where did it go? Why was it taken away? Seems a little shady not wanting customers to see how much longer they are under contract. Isn't it a waste of time having to call and verify?

Last edited:
I don't see anything on my account either (wasn't aware that we had that info on our website), but if you want to PM me I'll get you the info, and save you a phone call.

It was there after the website was updated a few months ago. About a month after it being up another smalled update appeared to remove it... I also liked having that info on the website.

Maybe DISH doesn't want subs knowing if they are in contract or not. Then you could actually plan your exit as a sub and go to the competition. Out of sight ,out of mind so to speak.

There may be a less underhanded explanation. The information under My Contracts was seemingly never right on my account. I had done an HD upgrade w/receiver and had a 2 year commitment that never showed up. Dish might have thought that no information was better than potentially erroneous information.

There may be a less underhanded explanation. The information under My Contracts was seemingly never right on my account. I had done an HD upgrade w/receiver and had a 2 year commitment that never showed up. Dish might have thought that no information was better than potentially erroneous information.

Have you actually contacted Dish since then to find out if you are in a contract?

Dish might have thought that no information was better than potentially erroneous information.

That may be true, but if it is, it is completely inexcusable for a company like dish. Just like the incorrect channel listings of the packages on their site. At first I thought they could be honest mistakes, but they remain that way. People sign on thinking they will get certain channels, and then find out they would need to upgrade to a higher package in order to receive them since the listing on the website is incorrect. Now, they have customers under contract! Shady.. You would think they would have fixed that after all these years.

I am thinking like MikeD. Seems at first they thought it would be a good idea to provide contract information to their customers, but then realized people are leaving and they want to make it that much harder for people to plan an exit.

Shady....Shady....

I'm with BBCInc on this one. No need to always see evil intent. That's the path to the funny farm.

That may be true, but if it is, it is completely inexcusable for a company like dish. Just like the incorrect channel listings of the packages on their site. At first I thought they could be honest mistakes, but they remain that way. People sign on thinking they will get certain channels, and then find out they would need to upgrade to a higher package in order to receive them since the listing on the website is incorrect. Now, they have customers under contract! Shady.. You would think they would have fixed that after all these years.

I am thinking like MikeD. Seems at first they thought it would be a good idea to provide contract information to their customers, but then realized people are leaving and they want to make it that much harder for people to plan an exit.

Shady....Shady....
+1
It makes perfect sense:
Bad Contract Info
Bad Line Up Info
and
Bad Guide Info (completely inexcusable also)
. . . a triple play.

The one place that it would be really bad not seeing, having it hidden, the erroneous info would on the guide. But then knowing sooner that you have to figure it out on your own means less of a chance so missing programs.

The Upgrade info that was in my account for years, disappeared last February. It said I could upgrade. But now I am not sure. Last upgrade was Sept 2008 to HD.

Yeah, it just seems like they want you to call or chat for even the smallest issue. It's a real PITA and doesn't make much sense considering their retention department has been somewhat laissez-faire as of late.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts