What Happened To The Lexium Giveaway Review?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
per the thread

I want to do a free giveaway right here on SatelliteGuys (UPS shipping included within the continental USA) for testing and review here on SatelliteGuys.

qwert1515 won it on the 8th.....and today is the 22nd. Thats 2 weeks. If it took say a week to get it and with it being nice out folks are usually busy I'm sure qwert will do a review on it

Yeah give him more time. He is pretty good about doing things.;)

Sorry about the delay, I was out of town right after the giveaway, so the meter was shipped out a week later.
I received the meter last Wednesday and I am having a few issues with it. I PM'd Robby and he is currently out of town,
I am going to talk with him next week.

My initial thoughts are that the meter has a nice display and that it is very fast.
Unlike my satellite receiver's signal meter, you can clearly see the signal quality change when skewing the LNB.

Once the issues are worked out I promise that I will give a full review of the meter.

Qwert,

That is WEAK. The whole idea of a review is to point out to the mfg. and to us future users, the very issues you are having, even if they are mistakes you are making early on. If it is not explained in the manual or the software is hard to figure out, others are going to have the same issues!
You are doing a beta test rather than a review.

Last edited:
I understand Pixl, the problem that I'm having is that the meter locks a few transponders, is intermittent on others, and does not lock others at all.
I know that I am using active transponders because I can watch video on my receivers and I have tried various transponders with different symbol rates.
I have also tried the meter with my motorized dish, stationary dish and different LNBs.

So I hope and believe that the problem is only with the meter that I received.

Last edited:
Ok Qwert,

Now it's sounding more like a review. Hey, if you have trouble right out of the box, that should be part of the review even if operator error.
Hope to hear from you after you get a replacement.

I noticed that I have this problem as well. It seems to lock only on certain transponders. Maybe I need to contact them.

Please list the transponders that it locks fine with and the ones which don't lock. Perhaps there is a pattern with the ones that don't lock (i.e. Low symbol rate, etc...)

2500 Locked
3680 UnLocked
3978 Unlocked
4232 Unlocked
4339 Locked
4444 UnLocked
6000 Locked
6670 Unlocked*
7161 Locked
10000 Locked
13240 Locked
14000 Locked
14029 Locked
17780 Unlocked
19854 Locked
22000 Locked
22000 UnLocked
22425 Locked
25000 Unlocked
26000 Unlocked
30000 Locked
30000 UnLocked

* I was able to lock the 6670 symbol rate by increasing the frequency by 1 MHz from the reading from a blind scan on my satellite receiver.

The 2500 symbol rate would only lock on the exact frequency, if you increase or decrease the entered frequency by 1 MHz it would not lock, if the symbol rate was entered to be 2498 or 2501 it would not lock.

Some transponders with symbol rates of 22000 & 30000 locked in some cases and did not in others.

Hi Guys,

I have been absent from the site for a little while, however, I just logged in to see this. I have been working on getting the meter loader and have been working basically non-stop. There is one other issue that I am working on, and will post answers shortly.

Hi Guys,

I have been absent from the site for a little while, however, I just logged in to see this. I have been working on getting the meter loader and have been working basically non-stop. There is one other issue that I am working on, and will post answers shortly.

Is there anything to post yet or are there still bugs to work out??

I was on the phone today talking to Robby about these Lexium 7100 Pro meters. He seems like a really nice guy and knows his products and a lot of other stuff too. I was very impressed on how he took the time to talk to a customer (Me!) and on how much time we spent talking. He will see that qwert's issue is resolved and it sounds like it is an isolated incident. I think I that will be seeing one of these meters in my satellite toolbox real soon! :)

Last edited:
but we're going on 4 months now....no offense but if a product didnt work from the get-go and 4 months later nothing has been resolved or improved?
People can bull their way through any conversation to make someone feel warm and fuzzy inside ;)
(kinda like freedbs did...oh crap now I have to ban myself for 3 days for mentioning them)

but we're going on 4 months now....no offense but if a product didnt work from the get-go and 4 months later nothing has been resolved or improved?
People can bull their way through any conversation to make someone feel warm and fuzzy inside ;)
(kinda like freedbs did...oh crap now I have to ban myself for 3 days for mentioning them)

The 7100 meter that was in the giveaway was not the only unit made! There were others sold too! I PMed another member here that has one and it worked well for him. I contacted a Ebay seller who is also a user and he does not have any problems himself or complaints from customers on them. You also forgot to put a zero on your 3 day ban for mentioning FreeDBS - it is a mandatory 30 day ban! :smug

Did you try one of these meters yourself??? Or did you hear of a lot of problems with them??? Why such a frown on these meters???

Did you try one of these meters yourself???
I dont use a meter..I use the meter on the receiver ;) Been doing that for almost 9 years now

Or did you hear of a lot of problems with them???
well this thread being one of them. I trust qwert when he tests equipment. Also the proof in this thread might be part of it too. A post on 9/13 that they are "working" on the bugs and no response since then? After all this is a sponsor we are talking about. If this was a product that somebody got from an Ebay seller or whatever and got no response that we've seen before. But a sponsor usually wants to make it right.
I did a google and the only threads are this one, the giveaway and a few posts on their website or their forum. So not many reviews to go off of ;)

Why such a frown on these meters???
where did I "frown" on these meters? All I'm saying is 4 months since the giveaway review and we're on post 20 about it. Not much has been said after the original issues. One post from the person who did the giveaway with nothing since then...and its been 3 months. You say "oh Robby will work with qwert on this" yet why hasnt Robby worked with qwert on this when the original issues came up?

I guess I expected more.....if I'm gonna drop that kind of money on a meter....well I guess it better wow me.

Status
Please reply by conversation.