What happens to my warranty when VOOM is sold?

jnardone

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 20, 2004
Hi:
I purchased my VOOM box when VOOM was offering a two year warranty on the box. Does this mean that I am guaranteed that VOOM will have programing available for two years from 12/03? or am I guaranteed that whatever company buys VOOM (now that it is definitely up for sale) will support the box for another 11 months?

A warranty on the STB does not mean that they will have programming available for 2 years. If they pull the plug, maybe you can sell the STB to the Voom museum.

If some other company buys Voom, it will be up to them to decide if they will honor a Voom warranty, but if Voom ceases to exist as a company, the warranties cease to exist too.

I'm in the same boat, jnardone. Purchased 1/2/2003 and never switched to lease. I think there are only a handful who didn't switch. We can be famous on the internet for being charter members with grandfathered pricing, but our STB's will be as useful as .... on a boar.

Yep, same here The Stone Man. Purchased 12-12-03 and methinks we're going to own a boat anchor. But maybe, just maybe someone will buy VOOM and let use the STBs. Not sure we will change to another sat service though.

However, still watching HDTV in record high (60 with 64 predicted) temps in Seattle, Gill

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts