What has Dish done for you that made you happy?

Honestly E singlehandidly made sat tv mainstream by LIL, and provided me a awesome hobby and tv for nearly 13 years.

E also made cable better, so E did lots of great stuff.

Laughing my butt off watching a ridiculous Charlie Chat Infomercial Monday Nite. Chat new theme "All commercials all the time" :D

Honestly E singlehandidly made sat tv mainstream by LIL, and provided me a awesome hobby and tv for nearly 13 years.

E also made cable better, so E did lots of great stuff.

Dish has responded to every single one of my complaints directly and addressed them all to my satisfaction, or at least to an honest and equitable solution. Dish representatives (above the front line) have always treated my concerns with respect and the kind of personal attention one only expects from a mom & pop neighborhood store. I cannot anything more from a company.

Examples.
-Locals reception issues at the POP. (2)
-Technical issues between the POP and local PBS causing an audio issue only those with DD receivers could possibly hear.
-automated Billing issue causing my paper bill to be changed to e-bill resolved in a way and speed I never expected.
-Responding to an OTA EPG issue when the 3 local PBS stations all changed their sub-channels line-ups and one added another sub-channel right after the digital transition Dish was never made aware of the changes. Within days of my e-mail most of the mess was fixed and the part that wasn't was addressed telling me that this was the way it was going to be for the time being. IOW, they did not dance around the issue. Sometimes you do have to say no.
-Response to the call about channels being moved from one satellite to another (61.5° HD migration) resolved and new dish on my house within 24hours of a call and even with a "non-standard" installation ON A SUNDAY.
-Having every channel I watch on a regular basis in HD
-Having an extremely reliable HD DVR I take for granted as the norm, thus making it very hard to even look at other carriers.

That's just what I can remember. Threre's a lot more that makes me happy about being with Dish. They aren't perfect and anyone who has read enough of my posts knows I am not shy about bitching up a storm when they do something STUPID. But I have to give credit where credit is due. There is nothing more this company could do short of lowering their prices that could make me much happier.

I'm with you, Tony. E* has been fair, to say the least, to me. Several months ago, I flew stupid and changed my package from Absolute to an AT pac. After a few days, I had buyers remorse in a terrible way. I shot off an email to ceo, and low and behold, they found the codes to reinstate my Absolute...I was VERY HAPPY.

When they raised the fees in feb on MY box's "322and 522" to $31+ a month and at the time I only had the welcome pac+locals"14.99 a month", I sent a very well worded email to the ceo email address and to my surprise I was offered a new 612 and two new 211's to go with my 722, along with a 44 switch and a EA all for no charge "FREE" plus "no contract" and was still able to keep the welcome pac.:):):):confused::):):)

Last edited:
Well, let's see:

They were very responsive, when I had hard drive issues with my 722. replacement shipped promptly, and tech support very helpful and kind...

They offer my locals in HD...

are very responsive if I have questions about billing (I ask POLITELY!).

Techs who have been dispatched to install new hardware have been prompt, courteous, professional.

I'm sure there's more.

When I upgraded to the 922, the CSR on the phone charged me $400.00 for an upgrade, they claimed that I had only been a customer since 12/2009, even though I signed up on 5/31/2009. I had bundled my account with CenturyLink in 12/09. Anyway, I contacted a lady that works in the Executive Customer Support team and she refunded $200 to me. I also requested some incentive for the increased fees and she gave me $10.00 off of my bill every month for 12 months. I have been quite pleased with their customer service, however, you have to know where to go, I.E. CEO at Echostar.com.

Perhaps not fair since I am a new subscriber coming from Direct a little over 3 months ago:

1) Easy to use electronic coupons for pay for view for doing things that save everyone money (direct billing, etc). Old provider you had to buy and then remember to send in the coupon (assuming I hadn't lost it, which 90% of the time I had).
2) Provided me more channels and movies than before for less money.
3) Provided me easier to use and new equipment (naturally, since I am a new subscriber)- love the DVR! (and HD for life)
4) Very polite folks to fix a minor issue on my billing statement.
5) Seemingly more immune to rain fade than prior provider which is appreciated.
6) Boxes compatible with my home "cable" network for my non HD tv's.
7) Epix networks.
8) Relative quick fix of a Houston local station HD feed problem that was pixilating and dropping audio sporadically. Apparently this was a system problem, not my end problem.
9) No hard sell on things I didn't want (at least not yet).
10) Easier to use web site, including good video and other self help, if necessary.
11) And while many think it silly, I love DishEarth. Very beautiful when the sun is in the correct angle. I can't imagine why others don't do this.
12) And while Charlie Chat has been bashed, you don't see this stuff on the other provider! In honesty, they ought to make it free style call in instead of the over 1/2 hour of repeating the same stuff about the football option. You get the point quickly, or should, it seems to me, it doesn't have to be rehashed over and over.

Nothing in this old life is perfect. Everything has its issues, but I am pleased with my change to Dish.

Not 1 upgrade has ever cost me anything.
722k Best receiver on the market. (922 is an over fee'd, over priced , over hyped POS)
211k Best Non DVR on the market.
Nice SD and HD movie channel Line up.

Added a whole bunch of movie channels in HD the last year, almost none of which are in the premium tier. Epix, TCM, Retroplex, etc. Lowered my receiver bill for my 622 and 612 by about 3 bucks:) from the old pricing ways. Added a bushel full of national HD networks, that even though I wasn't eager for alot of them, I find myself watching shows on channels I never had before.

I have been a Dish Customer for about 1.5 years. My 7 year old seemed to have ordered 2 PPV's WWE one at $49.99 and the other at $54.99, I don't even think he watched them. The only reason I don't know is he records the free one's and watches those all the time, so I wouldn't know the difference, but he is never in front of the TV for any extended period of time. Anyway, called Dish and rep was able to remove the 2 charges for me! I was very surprised, I figured they would say too bad. I had the adult locked but no PPV, needless to say, PPV is now LOCKED. I am very happy Dish did this for me, saves me $105!

Borrowing from Taylork:

Perhaps not fair since I am a new subscriber coming from Direct a little over 3 weeks ago:

1) Easy to use electronic coupons for pay for view for doing things that save everyone money (direct billing, etc). Old provider you had to buy and then remember to send in the coupon (assuming I hadn't lost it, which 90% of the time I had).

2) Provided me more channels and movies than before for less money.

The best D* could do was tell me to drop some of my viewing options.
3)Love the DVRs! (and HD for life)

4) Very polite folks to get a PPC coupon for a PPV that had the beginning 'Rained out'.

5) Epix networks.

6) Easier to use web site, including good video and other self help, if necessary.

7) Love being able to use the EHD.

8) DishOnLine

I'm sure I'll eventually find something to complain about but right now I'm tickled!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts