What have I got here?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
When using the Viewsat, don't forget to flip between channels 1 & 2 on the 4DTV to change polarities.

Galaxy 3C
TP Freq: 4040
Polarity: Horz
Scan Rate: 29110

No, you want a HiFreq Splitter that has power Pass on only one port. Otherwise both receivers will be sending voltage to the LNB.

since he has a old LNB the polarity is fixed by the 4DTV so it shouldnt matter. Otherwise just trun the LNB power on the Viewsat to "Off"

I did that on my Coolsat and it worked just fine...used the analog box to power the LNB and the Coolsat just tagged along

Success!!!!

OK, I did get my first sat programed and blind scanned. The downside is I am not sure what bird I am aimed at. I thought I was on 99.0W, but after looking at 'The List" I am not sure. I do receive numerous transponders with network programming, several that appear to be scrambled (GDMX). There is one Hispanic channel (4055 Galaxy-56).

Any ideas guys?

TIA

G16 C-Band

GDMX is on that satellite and so are a set of the networks from Puerto Rico/Virgin Islands

If you bring up the networks and press info it should tell you the transponder info. Should be something like
3844 frequency (can be off by 1 or 2)
H polarity
12298 symbol rate (again can be off by 1 or 2 or so)

GDMX isn't scrambled (although it might as well be, for a typical DVB receiver?), it's in 4:2:2 (some kind of video codec?), 4:2:0 is standard. But, you are on 99.0w.

Thanks bigtime to ya'll

Thanks guys and to think I've been sitti:)ng in the dinette looking at this BUD and wondering if I was ever going to get rid of it. I always kept it in running order was able to get a few analog channels, but they were getting few and far between. Sheppards Chappel and Gene Scott, NASA to name a few. It had its hayday and it looks like it is making a huge comeback.

Because of you guys and this forum I now have another interest to nurture in my retirement years.

I am pumped and I am h:):)ked!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts