What if I'm not satisfied?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dune

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 2, 2004
Kailua Kona, HI
I've been a long time Dishnetwork subscriber, but like a lot of people here in Hawaii I not happy with the HD offerings.

I believe I will need a third dish soon if I want to pick up new HD from Ciel 2.

Directv offers a large 1.2 m dish that can pick up all of their offerings but I'm concerned about my commitment if I'm not happy.

What kind of service guarantee does Directv offer if I'm not satisfied? Am I stuck with a 2 year commitment?

As an aside, does anyone know if the large dish is mounted on the ground or on the house? I've only seen one here on the Big Island and it was on the ground. (huge)

Thanks,

Dune

I've been a long time Dishnetwork subscriber, but like a lot of people here in Hawaii I not happy with the HD offerings.

I believe I will need a third dish soon if I want to pick up new HD from Ciel 2.

Directv offers a large 1.2 m dish that can pick up all of their offerings but I'm concerned about my commitment if I'm not happy.

What kind of service guarantee does Directv offer if I'm not satisfied? Am I stuck with a 2 year commitment?

As an aside, does anyone know if the large dish is mounted on the ground or on the house? I've only seen one here on the Big Island and it was on the ground. (huge)

Thanks,

Dune

You need to check out your state's consumer protection laws.When I had DirecTV installed in 2006 the installer told me I had 3 days to cancel and on the forth day DirecTV would take out my first month's payment.He was correct.;)

I would advise anything that big be a ground install.A big wind(hurricane) would take off your roof.:eek:

Thanks,

I,m on Maui. Ironwoods did my install. I have the two dish Directv system. Both dishes are 1.2 meters. They are mounted on the ground at my place.

The dishes are pretty heavy and the mounts adds to the weight. I would not recommend a rooftop installation, but then that is up to you and the installers.

I left Dishnetwork last year and am pleased that I did.

I think that we had about six HD channels (not counting premiums) when i switched. I see that there are more on Dishnet for Hawaii now.

When my system was installed I was told that I had something like 24 hours to make up my mind as to whether or not I liked it or not. I believe the installers can give you the correct information.

(I was also told that the main reason follks out here cancel, is due to the large size of the dish.)

I will try to send you a private message and explain the receiver setup for Hawaii.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)