What if it's true RVers will have to get a separate account if they get a hopper?

Goes with my initial guess that no one in authority has answered because no one outside Dish or even Inside knows.

I swear I will not post here again until Dish reveals the official word. Cross my heart.

I'd say your "initial guess" is wrong. Why do you think Dish owes you an answer now, when the Hopper isn't available yet, and official pricing hasn't been released yet? Could be initial installations will only be new ones, with no mixed receivers, but we don't know, doesn't mean Dish does not know. I think the answer you got was pretty much right on the mark. It is technically possible from all accounts, it's more a matter of what the policy will be when it first comes out. Many policies of new items from any company change as time goes on.

It's official: Dish is run by idiots.

No mixed accounts according to the Retailer Chat as reported my Scott.

I wasn't there. Besides I said "it's official" not that I never heard it before.
I was ... :) One solution if Dish would go for it would be to have the RV 211 inactive till the customer was ready to use it, for instance a 3 day outing or so you go to your account online, contact DIRT or the Dish twitter reps etc. and activate it for the trip for X amount of days. At the end of that time the 211 is automatically deactivated till the next trip and for sun birds etc their Hoppers go inactive for the duration of the RV trip. This would / should satisfy Dish that the customer was not "stacking"...

I was ... :) One solution if Dish would go for it would be to have the RV 211 inactive till the customer was ready to use it, for instance a 3 day outing or so you go to your account online, contact DIRT or the Dish twitter reps etc. and activate it for the trip for X amount of days. At the end of that time the 211 is automatically deactivated till the next trip and for sun birds etc their Hoppers go inactive for the duration of the RV trip. This would / should satisfy Dish that the customer was not "stacking"...
That should satisfy a lot of RVers because I've always been told if I wished I could suspend the house 722 when RVing so it would be a wash as far as costs goes. It just doesn't work for the subset of us who want to take home recordings on the road.

It's obvious to me at least that the Hopper should be upgraded to drive 3 Tailgaters. ;)

I would think Tailgater sales would be torpedoed if they don't allow that 211k on the same account with Hoppers. I can't imagine people wanting to pay again for programming just to be able to use a tailgater a few times a year. I guess they always keep a ViP setup and forego the new tech. That seems shortsighted though.

I would think Tailgater sales would be torpedoed if they don't allow that 211k on the same account with Hoppers. I can't imagine people wanting to pay again for programming just to be able to use a tailgater a few times a year. I guess they always keep a ViP setup and forego the new tech. That seems shortsighted though.
Well, I'll have to forgo the Hopper tech. And yes, very shortsighted, to say the least.

As I believe was posted elsewhere, It would seem fair for Dish to allow one VIP receiver with a hopper account at the regular VIP charge. That would cover the RV, Tailgater, Weekend Cabin issues and seem to be a good compromise for all.

It would be very interesting to have the executive(not some unfortunate CSR who gets handed a one page script) who made this decision appear in a chat session (online or TV or whatever) and defend his decision and make a case for it besides "It would be too much work for support to deal with and somebody might use it as a way to do account stacking and I just didn't want to do it and I'm the boss and what I say goes" (Which I am certain is, in fact, the case!)

As I believe was posted elsewhere, It would seem fair for Dish to allow one VIP receiver with a hopper account at the regular VIP charge. That would cover the RV, Tailgater, Weekend Cabin issues and seem to be a good compromise for all.

Or at least reduce the cost of the second account and link them. Or perhaps have that second account allowed to deactivate/reactivate at no additional cost.

Or at least reduce the cost of the second account and link them. Or perhaps have that second account allowed to deactivate/reactivate at no additional cost.
You mean like Pay-As-You-Go? That is already in place.

Nice to offer reduced cost since there is already a full cost account linked.

I could live with that. Even if the second account was the same price, not that I think that's fair, I would be OK though not too happy. But OK if the accounts were linked so I could bring recordings from home. We don't RV that much yet as the wife won't retire (something about being with me all the time without a break:eek:).