What is Chuck Dolan dealing with E*?

he wants them to lease rainbow1 back to him while he moves to AMC6. He has to have that to continue service on April 1. And maybe he wants to buy Rainbow1 back as well.

vurbano said:
he wants them to lease rainbow1 back to him while he moves to AMC6. He has to have that to continue service on April 1. And maybe he wants to buy Rainbow1 back as well.
I agree with you vurbano. That must be the reason. He can't simply buy VOOM from CVC without knowing how long he can use Rainbow-1. He's probably negotiating some lease-time guarantees.

voomvoom said:
My vote is "Other"..... He's selling E* his CVC stock to fund Voom...
Very unlikely. It would be a conflict of interest for E* to own both a satellite and cable business.

Don't forget that E* doesn't own the satellite yet..just a sales contract at this point. Needs FCC approval and it is in review. I believe there is so much more going on that we may never know. But as long as I have my HD FIX with VOOM, I will be happy. Wake me up when they film the movie of this whole thing.

gutter said:
Don't forget that E* doesn't own the satellite yet..just a sales contract at this point. Needs FCC approval and it is in review.
And I suspect that approval will be delayed because of the pending SEC investigation

Since were guising here. Chuck Dolan is going to buy Dish Network.

If he is meeting with E* about the lease of rainbow1 then it most probably because he wants a backup plan. I would think that the FCC would allow time for VOOM to move everything to rainbow2 before allowing E* to have the sat.